2011 LR4 5.0 130k miles starting problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony69

Reaction score
First post here. I have a 2011 Lr4 that had problems starting. It would turn over but it wouldnt start right up. Had a small shop mechanic that specializes on all land rover cars diagnose the high pressure pumps bad. He replaced them and problem
Was fixed for the first few weeks. Then the problem persisted. I got tired of taking more than a minute to start the car everytime the engine would cool. Finally 3 days ago i decided to clean up the maf sensors and i saw some build up on the ground at the negative battery terminal. Cleaned it up with a copper penny on the ground and water slowly running over it. Boom starts right up now. No matter hot or cold or if its been sitting over night. Crazy how that little build up of corrosion messed with us so much. Just a little thing you guys can try if you are having starting problems. Check your grounds.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you fixed the problem, but I can’t really see how corrosion at the battery terminal could cause a slow-to-start situation (assuming it was cranking normally). Did you clean the maf as well (wondering if that had something to do with it).

Tony69

Reaction score
Glad you fixed the problem, but I can’t really see how corrosion at the battery terminal could cause a slow-to-start situation (assuming it was cranking normally). Did you clean the maf as well (wondering if that had something to do with it).
I had previously cleaned the maf sensors about 3 weeks ago. So im not sure it was that but im not 100% certain. I read on other post that the car requires a good strong ground all around if not the computer starts to act up and doesnt get the correct information from sensors and what not. Needless to say im glad the problem has been fixed.

georgekale

Reaction score
makes you wonder if there was ever any issue with what the shop changed out...smh
Poor quality of work at that shop. Good tech always checks the battery and electrics first. How did this tech diagnose high pressure fuel pumps? Electrics are very crucial in these vehicles. Poor weak battery cause so much failed software in ECM.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slack