2011 LR4 HSE overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The codes should be saved in the ECU even if the CEL doesn't remain on, though.

To be clear, you're checking for codes with an OBD scanner, right?

MasonLR4

Reaction score
The codes should be saved in the ECU even if the CEL doesn't remain on, though.

To be clear, you're checking for codes with an OBD scanner, right?
To be honest man. I haven’t even check any codes. Haven’t had time to mess with it much, just starting to dig into this issue. I’m going to drain the oil tonight and see if it’s milky. If it is I’m going to start the process of new head gaskets. Would a coolant pressure checker leak down due to a head gasket?

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Head gaskets failing on these are rare (unless the vehicle was overheated)

The most common overheating issue is due to the crossovers cracking. There's a lot of threads about the crossover pipes.

I believe the water pumps can leak a bit as well, and I had a hairline crack in my radiator recently.

New waterpump/crossover pipes should fix most problems, the only concerning issue you posted is that your disco failed the block test.

MasonLR4

Reaction score
Head gaskets failing on these are rare (unless the vehicle was overheated)

The most common overheating issue is due to the crossovers cracking. There's a lot of threads about the crossover pipes.

I believe the water pumps can leak a bit as well, and I had a hairline crack in my radiator recently.

New waterpump/crossover pipes should fix most problems, the only concerning issue you posted is that your disco failed the block test.
Thank you. I have a coolant pressure checker on it now. To make sure I don’t have a coolant leak also. I’m going to check the oil tonight for the final test to verify the head gasket.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut