2011 LR4 Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyTree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that experience you had with Carvana is hard to believe @SkyTree but very cool to hear. I'm going to keep that in mind. I looked at CarMax but not Carvana when buying mine. I'll check them out next time...in 10 yrs when my LR4 is gone. :)

Indeed it is, but totally true! We constantly asked ourselves throughout the process, "why doesn't every pre-owned vehicle dealership do business like this? This is amazing."

I think the reason they are able to do things this way is because they save on their overhead by not having any dealership lots in any states, technically. They have a few main warehouses across the country where all of their vehicle inventory is stored and maintained, and then they have the big glass vehicle tower "car vending machines" usually next to a high visibility freeway or interstate for marketing purposes.

Interestingly, those big Carvana glass towers are not filled with vehicles currently for sale (that would make the tower a dealership lot), but are actually full of already online purchased vehicles that are only there for a period of 24 hours. An online purchased vehicle is taken from the warehouse and placed into the tower simply as a "waiting lot" for the Buyer to come pick it up to start their 7 Day Trial.

If you don't want to go to the glass tower, you can also have the vehicle delivered to your house. Depends on the experience you want to have really. We opted for delivery since the nearest tower is about an hour-ish away from our ranch. Next time we may do the tower vending machine just for fun though. :)

Attached are some pics of a couple Carvana vending machine towers from around the US.

SkyTree

Carvana 1.png

Carvana 2.jpg

Carvana 3.jpg

Carvana 4.jpg

Last edited:

Seabassjfr

Reaction score
WOW, impressed on your CARAVANA story @SkyTree i already sign in and turned on the notifications...

Have anyone made purchase through TRED.com? Any feedback from it?

SkyTree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW, impressed on your CARAVANA story @SkyTree i already sign in and turned on the notifications...

Have anyone made purchase through TRED.com? Any feedback from it?

Awesome! You won't regret it. One tip I have for when a new LR4 pops up on Carvana, but there aren't proper pictures available yet (other than the generic pic they put up)... is to copy the VIN # and then paste it into the VIN Lookup at VehicleHistory.com. That way, you can sometimes see actual pictures of the truck being sold before Carvana uploads new pics that everyone else sees.

SkyTree

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I call BS on those Carvana photos. Those cars are too colorful. If they were realistic, all those cars would be a sea of grey, silver, and white.

;-)
That would be a lot funnier if it wasn't so true!!!

o_O

SkyTree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call BS on those Carvana photos. Those cars are too colorful. If they were realistic, all those cars would be a sea of grey, silver, and white.

;-)

Lol, sure, they light the cars well in their showroom and may well boost the saturation a bit, no doubt, but I can assure you that they sell nice vehicles, and if there are issues with a vehicle, they take care of it.

Below is our Carvana-purchased LR4 HSE Lux with 70K mi., purrs like a cat, no rust/clean undercarriage, zero leaks, immaculate interior/exterior, brand new $1200 Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires, detailed dealership/indy maintenance history, and the included 100 Day/4000 Mile Warranty was an actual honest-to-goodness Warranty that they honored without making any fuss at all. :) Couldn't be happier with this beast.

SkyTree

ps - of course, I had to get the obligatory "oh you fancy huh" pics of it with the bougie wheels before they get swapped out for some smaller ones and mud tires.
So, yeah, these 22" Land Rover OEM Stormer wheels/Pirelli tires (285/35/R22) are for sale if anyone is interested. ;)

LR4 with 22" Stormer Wheels.png

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big believer in this approach. It’s a bit shortsighted (literally in this case) to only search in a convenient radius for something this important. Give yourself as many options as possible.

Totally agree! We ordered my wife's red 2013 LR4 new and I liked it so much that I wanted one too. However, 2013 LR4 production was over and I didn't like the 2014 as much. So I found a used 2013 HSE-LUX with 12K miles in Chicago and had it shipped the 1000 miles to Boston. Arrived in 2 days.

Seabassjfr

Reaction score
Update}} Hey everyone! So ive been looking through a few options nationwide, as said before in this Thread by a few members there are plenty of LR4s in the SEA, after narrowing my options im sharing with you one that caught my eye.

Here is the Carfax Link, Video of engine running and few pics of the underside.

Ill appreciate any feedback on this... Thank YOU!

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHisto...nNnudZJLCD2URLX56GaH2WX-DU-Im3HluIsIBh7Ia-HTM

IMG_2145.jpeg

IMG_2146.jpeg

IMG_2147.jpeg

IMG_2148.jpeg

62311007869__26392AD8-9055-4061-A138-EFA0459A9BE3.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member