2011 LR4 Trailer Reverse Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jermgallo

Reaction score
I also have a 2011 LR4 as well and I have the same issue, no button but have the sensors. I haven't been able to find a work around the issue either. I have a spot for where the button should be but thats it.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is the tester plug won’t work. The LEDs don’t draw enough current for the LR to recognize anything is plugged in. The way it detects if a trailer is there is to send small pulses to each of the turn signals and measures the current draw. With LED lights the current draw is to little and all you get is the lights flickering on and off as you drive down the road. There are adapter cables that put a resistor in the turn signal lines that create enough current draw for the LR to recognize a trailer.
Below is a PDF file I made up with a material list to make up a suitable LED adapter for my LR3; should work OK on an LR4 as well.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4497&pos=10

This is a link to the main file related to the trailer connector circuits, both four pin and seven pin.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=4497

LR4HD

Reaction score
I also have a 2011 LR4 HSE (with HD and vision assist packages).

When I bought my LR4, I had the dealer install the OEM trailer wire harness. They also "activated" the trailer software or installed it - afterwards, additional features/options became available on the display/camera menu - if I remember it was the "trailer assist" options under the camera, but it could've been something else (the options weren't visible prior to the dealer installing the harness and activating them). When I have a trailer hooked up, the reverse parking sensors are automatically disabled. Also, when it is in reverse with the trailer attached, it has a different type of grid/guide lines imposed on the rear camera image.

As for the parking sensor disable button on the dash: I only have rear parking sensors. My LR4 doesn't have the parking disable button. When I bought my LR4 I asked the dealer about the missing parking sensor disable button - I was told that the button only came on LR4s that also had front parking sensors.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV