2011 LR4 Trailer Reverse Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 HSE doesnt have it either, this should be a simple no brainer and standard feature.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a photo of their buttons on the console without the parking sensor disable? What button is in that position?

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your trailer have LED tail lights?

I have an LR3 with the official LR harness but Atlantic British should be OK as well.

Assuming the LR4 is the same logic setup as an LR3, when a trailer is sensed by the car computer, the backup sensors are disabled.

The way the 3 senses that a trailer is attached is by monitoring the signal light circuit of the 3. It remembers the amp draw of the signal lights and also sends pulses out to see if the incandescent filaments are still in place. I say incandescent, as LED tail lights in the 3 foul all that sensing up.

Yes, the 4 has LED tail lights but it may still be looking for incandescent tail lights on the trailer. Low amp draw LEDs do not trigger the amp draw sensor on the 3 and perhaps also on the 4.

It also surprises me that there is no manual backup sensor turn off on a 4; there is on my 3 and most other vehicles that I have driven.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 LR4 has the P))) button to turn off the "parktronic" beeper, as seen in Ryan's photo back in post #8.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a photo of their buttons on the console without the parking sensor disable? What button is in that position?
On the 3, if there is not an option included and hence no button included for whatever, then the button location remains but it is hard plastic in that location instead. I still think there is a button to turn off the backup sensor. If so, it self cancels at every engine shutdown and has to be pushed again upon engine startup.

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 has backup sensors but no button to turn off. I plan on getting the AB wiring kit sometime this summer and trying out a tester in the plug-in to see if it works. I keep my Bike rack on from April to October so hearing my car scream at me every time I put it in reverse is getting pretty old.

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No parking sensor button, just a plastic blank cover. Now I do have the factory tow package but, I have not towed with this LR yet.
IMG_3732.JPG

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the photo! That is WEIRD. I wonder if the button was phased out after a certain model year, or if it's tied to a particular option/package?

o_O

quirozson

Reaction score
Just removed my Atlantic British wiring and installed genuine Land Rover wiring. It made no difference at all. Atlantic British Customer Service claims that LR service department should be able to enable the feature using their software, but i'm not paying for an hour of labor just for that. I'm also not rolling the dice if they can't confirm on the phone that that is what needs to be done. Spoke with three Colorado Land Rover service departments and not one mentioned that they could enable this with their software.

It seems like some 2011 had this included. I'd guess that LR realized they made a mistake not including this after someone with a bike rack complained.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72