2011 LR4 Voice Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover is trying to figure out how to add it back to my car. I still have my printout of my order, and it has a line item under Standard and Included Features - (025EZ) Voice Input/Recognition System. Based on that, there is no excuse for them not to include it in my car. A customer service rep from Land Rover called me on Monday and said they are currently testing a fix to add it back. I still don't have a time line from them as to exactly when they will be able to add it back to my car.

I was told that due to poor ratings on this feature by Land Rover owners on their JD Powers Associates survey, Land Rover decided to remove the feature completely. :stupid:

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's very bizarre that they just got rid of it like that. Almost suspicious.

I can say though you aren't missing much. Have never used it successfully and when I've tried it does bizarre things. It's mostly good for a laugh with family in the car to try and get it to do something you actually want it to do.

Disco4Me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JohnR is 100% correct. I have the voice feature on my 2011 but it's useless.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the voice controls frequently on my 2010. It's especially useful for handsfree dialing of phonebook contacts. It's not as good a system as my old Acura, but it's far from useless (more control of the radio would be most helpful for me). Nobody memorizes all of the commands, but I sure there are several that would be helpful. I find the recognition of my voice is excellent. I would be very disappointed if voice commands were not offered in the future.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to update that the dealer was able to put the voice recognition feature back on my vehicle via a software update. The only thing they didn't do was replace my blank button on the steering wheel with the button that has the "Voice" symbol. So if you have a 2011 LR4 that does not have the Voice Recognition feature, you may be able to get your dealer to add it back for you.

ntskip

Reaction score
NO Voice control

I just picked up my 2011 LR4 HSE Lux with vision assist package and was also surprised to find that the voice control button is there but without any markings and that there is no voice control available. I discussed it with the sales guy who told me the same thing: "they don't offer it any more because it caused too many problems". I would love to have it because the user interface for the NAV and phone system is not so great.

I will try to get the voice control added as well and will report back with the result.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 has the voice control and the salesman told me they deleted it from the 2011 because it didn't work well and they got a lot of complaints. I have yet to use mine, but had it on a BMW and after once or twice using it I lost interest and never used it again. Yeah, it may seem like a nice feature, but honestly, do we really need it? I want to try "I'm hungry" and see what happens. Maybe it'll cook me a Turkey dinner. :)

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 has the voice control and the salesman told me they deleted it from the 2011 because it didn't work well and they got a lot of complaints. I have yet to use mine, but had it on a BMW and after once or twice using it I lost interest and never used it again. Yeah, it may seem like a nice feature, but honestly, do we really need it? I want to try "I'm hungry" and see what happens. Maybe it'll cook me a Turkey dinner. :)
Early 2011's had them because my LR4 does have it. I did use the voice control for dialing the CTS I had before the Land Rover. The GM commands seemed more intuitive than those for Land Rover.

ByGuile

Reaction score
I use the voice controls frequently on my 2010. It's especially useful for handsfree dialing of phonebook contacts. It's not as good a system as my old Acura, but it's far from useless (more control of the radio would be most helpful for me). Nobody memorizes all of the commands, but I sure there are several that would be helpful. I find the recognition of my voice is excellent. I would be very disappointed if voice commands were not offered in the future.

Me too!
Love this feature....use it ALL the time.
It understands me about 95% of the time.
BUT, it almost NEVER gets the command right when my wife is speaking to it.
She is quite frustrated with it, but I love it!
If it were as poor for my voice as it is for my wife, I would take it back to the dealer.
But as it is, I just tell her that the LR4 uses new A.I. (artificial intelligence) technology and it knows who should be listed to, and who should be ignored.
She can hit real hard, my wife..........

DonnieLR4

Reaction score
I picked up my 2011 LR4 in December. No voice recognition feature. I inquired at dealer, whio told me that it was discontinued because of problems they were having. I then read waltzonice's post, did a little more inquiring, and it looks like they will be installing/reactivating it. I'll post again when complete.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9