2011 LR4 Voice Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timbersolve

Reaction score
Has anyone else been able to get the voice activation restored by LR service recently?

I'm a new 2011 LR4 owner (Lux, Santorini Black/Almond, 20" wheels). Just picked-up last Friday and I love it so far, however disappointed to find the voice activated bluetooth disabled. The owner quick reference guide still refers to the voice activation as does the Land Rover website info about phone blue tooth connectivity. I probably won't use the navigation much, but I really want it for the phone. I had the same setup on my 2008 Grand Cherokee via UConnect... it was a bit clunky and sensitive to having to speak at the right time, but very useful for making phone calls.

My dealer service is checking with Land Rover USA. I was just wondering if anyone else has had success getting their dealer to complete the software update to restore. If I need to contact Land Rover USA, do I just use the contact info in the owner manuals, or does anyone have a contact they spoke with that worked with their dealer?

Thanks for any new info and looking forward to being a Land Rover owner for many years. Cheers!

DonnieLR4

Reaction score
LR4 voice recognition

Land Rover dealers don't know how to correct this. They will need to get Land Rover USA involved for direction. I spoke with Stephanie at Land Rover Customer Relationship Center in Mahwah, NJ. Very helpful. (800) 637-6837, Option 9, Ext 8287

timbersolve

Reaction score
Thanks for the info DonnieLR4 - my dealer got confirmation back from Land Rover NA this week that they could do the software patch. I have it scheduled for next Wednesday.

My sales mgr and the service advisor said that Land Rover NA told them that this is an interim fix and they were working on a complete overhaul of the voice command software for the nav/phone/entertainment functions. So, it may be available again on the 2012 models with a rollback fix for 2010 and 2011. Guess we can hope this occurs soon. :rolleyes:

I'll report back next week after they complete the software patch. Thanks again!

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover is trying to figure out how to add it back to my car. I still have my printout of my order, and it has a line item under Standard and Included Features - (025EZ) Voice Input/Recognition System. Based on that, there is no excuse for them not to include it in my car. A customer service rep from Land Rover called me on Monday and said they are currently testing a fix to add it back. I still don't have a time line from them as to exactly when they will be able to add it back to my car.

I was told that due to poor ratings on this feature by Land Rover owners on their JD Powers Associates survey, Land Rover decided to remove the feature completely. :stupid:

I am demanding it put in my LR4 or they have to take it back.I had a LR3 with it in 05 and now they deceided to leave it out? Not acceptable,

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been able to get the voice activation restored by LR service recently?

I'm a new 2011 LR4 owner (Lux, Santorini Black/Almond, 20" wheels). Just picked-up last Friday and I love it so far, however disappointed to find the voice activated bluetooth disabled. The owner quick reference guide still refers to the voice activation as does the Land Rover website info about phone blue tooth connectivity. I probably won't use the navigation much, but I really want it for the phone. I had the same setup on my 2008 Grand Cherokee via UConnect... it was a bit clunky and sensitive to having to speak at the right time, but very useful for making phone calls.

My dealer service is checking with Land Rover USA. I was just wondering if anyone else has had success getting their dealer to complete the software update to restore. If I need to contact Land Rover USA, do I just use the contact info in the owner manuals, or does anyone have a contact they spoke with that worked with their dealer?

Thanks for any new info and looking forward to being a Land Rover owner for many years. Cheers!

Demand a new unit or a new Rover.It is standard in all LR4 MODELS.I had the same issue and they installed a new complete system,phone and navigation.They are trying to shove it under the rug

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover dealers don't know how to correct this. They will need to get Land Rover USA involved for direction. I spoke with Stephanie at Land Rover Customer Relationship Center in Mahwah, NJ. Very helpful. (800) 637-6837, Option 9, Ext 8287

Mine does,software upgrade and thats all it was.They are keeping it a secreat.I have voice regonition now on my LR4.

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info DonnieLR4 - my dealer got confirmation back from Land Rover NA this week that they could do the software patch. I have it scheduled for next Wednesday.

My sales mgr and the service advisor said that Land Rover NA told them that this is an interim fix and they were working on a complete overhaul of the voice command software for the nav/phone/entertainment functions. So, it may be available again on the 2012 models with a rollback fix for 2010 and 2011. Guess we can hope this occurs soon. :rolleyes:

I'll report back next week after they complete the software patch. Thanks again!

Mine also

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I need the same for mine.Help me.I just bought an lr4 and voive regonition is missing.It was on my LR3.Dealer said they need a fix. quick

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my new 2011 LR4, which I ordered back in June (arrived 2 weeks early). I picked it up during my lunchtime so really didn't have a lot of time with the sales person to go over everything. But one thing that is missing is the voice activation. The sales person just e-mailed me back and said that the 2011 are not equipped with voice activation "because they were having a lot of problems with it working properly". Is this really true?

I have the HSE Lux with Heavy Duty and Vision Assist Package. MSRP on my car is $60,915.

Can someone with a 2011 LR4 HSE Lux verify if you have voice activation?

They have a sortware patch to fix it.............Have fun getting them to do it.Its a cover up job.Mine is getting software next week after telling them to take LR4 back

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had nav or bluetooth in my old car, but I really do see myself using it especially for the phone. I use the voice feature on my iPhone all the time and it works great.

jcinfburg - does your 2011 LR4 have the voice activation feature? So far it seems like mine is the only one that doesn't have it.

THEY HAVE A software fix now for voice regonition.Make them install it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635