2012 - Decreased power on incline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neil Couvillion

Reaction score
Interesting thought about the fuel pump, I will try and check that today. I am a novice with the gap tool as well as car mechanics, but my air filters were replaced recently, as well as the MAF sensor cleaned.

On the dyno run, I will have to see who does that in my area.

I attempted the video but it's hard to determine anything from it - see the attached link.

Video

As I go up a hill from being fully stationary, it shifts normal from first but then it hangs around 2000 rpm for a bit and regardless of my foot being on the floor. If feels that it has zero power. It will shift out of it, but it doesn't feel normal.

Thanks!

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's not downshifting when it should if rpms don't increase on the hill.

Did you try manual mode and sand mode? Do the same thing and stay in first and see if it flys up the hill.

Neil Couvillion

Reaction score
That is on my list of things to do today. I have been out of town with limited time to do anything diagnostic.

I'll be in touch.

Thanks.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the throttle position sensor to see if it reflects 100% throttle input.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thought about the fuel pump, I will try and check that today. I am a novice with the gap tool as well as car mechanics, but my air filters were replaced recently, as well as the MAF sensor cleaned.

On the dyno run, I will have to see who does that in my area.

I attempted the video but it's hard to determine anything from it - see the attached link.

Video

As I go up a hill from being fully stationary, it shifts normal from first but then it hangs around 2000 rpm for a bit and regardless of my foot being on the floor. If feels that it has zero power. It will shift out of it, but it doesn't feel normal.

Thanks!

This reminded me of something. About 8 years back my LR4 on the highway suddenly had no power. If I shut it off and restarted it would be OK for awhile but then it would return. It didn't make any sense. My indy found the engine fan wiring "broken" and repaired. All good after that.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im blaming everything that happens to my lr4 on the vacuum pump. Cld a bad vacuum pump cause a loss of power?

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happens if you just completely floor it from a stop? Does it drive/accelerate as expected?

Definitely a weird issue. I agree with power shift. Check out the throttle position and commanded throttle if you have a gap tool, or even any diagnostic tool should be able to see that.

Neil Couvillion

Reaction score
I am working on recording some of this information and will update as soon as I it figure out how to export it correctly.

The shudder is gone, but if I floor it from a stop on an incline, it gets to that second gear and just hangs out at 2000rmp, no acceleration. And then after a bit, it will finally starts to move as it should. I wish someone else could drive and get a feel for it. It's the weirdest thing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72