2012 Ipanema Sand w/ gloss black wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
The wheels looked too pimped out (are you a drug dealer or sports agent?). Other than that, truck looks nice.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those rims look cool. I'm not sure I would pick them but they look good.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheels looked too pimped out (are you a drug dealer or sports agent?). . .

Ouch! Haha. That would be negative to both of the above career choices. I'm just a family guy <40 y.o. who's worked hard from the age of 12 and is now fortunate (I don't want to take too much credit) to have the opportunity of realizing the fruits of my labor.

To be honest, I was worried about the black wheels before I saw it in person. They really aren't as "blingy" as you may think, especially since nothing else is blacked out. However, my opinion, and that's all it amounts to, is that if it's paid for you can get away with sporting just about any accessory that's in good taste without seeming like a poser or wanna-be. Otherwise you're just dressing up the bank's car until the last payment is made.

I'm guessing you don't have black, so what color wheels do you have on your Land Rover?

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those rims look cool. I'm not sure I would pick them but they look good.

Thanks. I have to reciprocate and say that if keeping it clean looking was not an issue, I would have went with your color. It fits the LR4 persona to a tee and is beautiful.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't read anything about ok to use on leather surfaces. You have used it to remove "transferred" colors without problems on the leather?
Thanks for the suggestion.

JIm

"It is safe on vinyl, rubber, plastic, acrylic, finished leather, and fiberglass." Says it a few times on that site and even says it on the front of the bottle. I've used it on all of my cars and motorcycles and it truly works great. Try it out! BTW, if you didn't already know, the seats in our trucks are finished leather aka not suede.

cuteytt

Reaction score
Love the Ipanema Sand. I would've chosen that color if the dealer happened to have one with an ebony interior. Enjoy the car! About 1400 miles in, I'm loving mine. :)

STXRover

Reaction score
Congrats on the new LR4! I also went with the Ipanema Sand and just recently decided to go ahead and add the mud flaps. They look great - and I posted pictures with the thread about 'mud flaps'. Again congrats, and enjoy your ride! Like the rims!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4