2012 Ipanema Sand w/ gloss black wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, 2012 is the first year with Ipanema Sand and the gloss black wheels being offered as a color combo. Ebony interior was actually what we were looking for and the wheels just happened to be on there.

With just over 500 miles on it, we love it! Rainsense wiper sensor is to be replaced due to epoxy problem, but other than that all is good.

I'll try to get some better pictures when the weather cooperates. In the mean time, the pictures on the posted link will have to suffice (error msgs trying to post them directly).

Trying to decide on whether or not to go with mud flaps. Please share you thoughts on them.

Thanks for looking!

http://web.me.com/s.basham/Site/Pictures.html

20111201-IMG_1651web.jpg

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, 2012 is the first year with Ipanema Sand and the gloss black wheels being offered as a color combo. Ebony interior was actually what we were looking for and the wheels just happened to be on there.

With just over 500 miles on it, we love it! Rainsense wiper sensor is to be replaced due to epoxy problem, but other than that all is good.

I'll try to get some better pictures when the weather cooperates. In the mean time, these will have to suffice (more pics on at the page posted).

Trying to decide on whether or not to go with mud flaps. Please share you thoughts on them.

Thanks for looking!

http://web.me.com/s.basham/Site/Pictures.html

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking LR4. I do recommend the mud flaps. They look good and are very functional ESP if you will be driving in sand/gravel.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the rim, black in background won't show the brake dust @!@

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the mud flaps!

Love the rims! That's a nice LR4.

-David

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck! Any plans to mod that CTS-V? If it didn't snow so much up here I wouldn't mind having a coupe.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of those wheels on the Ipanema Sand, which is the color of my 2011. I wish I had ordered the ebony interior, the light seats just absorb too much color from jeans.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the rim, black in background won't show the brake dust @!@

Thanks! I'm hoping that will be one of the side benefits of the black! Helping out is the fact that it's only gloss part way in, then more of a matte finish.

Between honey-dos and daddy-dos, I've got a lot of dusty wheels to clean :eek:

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of those wheels on the Ipanema Sand, which is the color of my 2011. I wish I had ordered the ebony interior, the light seats just absorb too much color from jeans.

I understand completely. I was always careful with new jeans when I had my 535i with the light seats, but made a big mistake when I took a friend to pick up a new shirt (black). Needless to say, it had- putting a positive spin on it, a Patina from then on. Keeping a regular wipe down with Lexol seemed to keep the staining to a minimum.

Great looking truck! Any plans to mod that CTS-V? If it didn't snow so much up here I wouldn't mind having a coupe.
I've thought about it, but value the intact warranty over more power at this point. Honestly, without going to some type of drag radials, it would be hard to realize a huge benefit. It's much worse in the winter as the tires are less grippy and a slight increase in horsepower. It's an auto, but 1st gear is useless (but fun) and it will still fishtail through 2nd at anything less than 50mph in the winter. Who knows it may get boring at some point and I'll do a pulley swap and tune. Overall I think the LR4 puts some good balance back into things.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order this and thank me later lol http://www.autogeek.net/16oz.html

I've thought about it, but value the intact warranty over more power at this point. Honestly, without going to some type of drag radials, it would be hard to realize a huge benefit. It's much worse in the winter as the tires are less grippy and a slight increase in horsepower. It's an auto, but 1st gear is useless (but fun) and it will still fishtail through 2nd at anything less than 50mph in the winter. Who knows it may get boring at some point and I'll do a pulley swap and tune. Overall I think the LR4 puts some good balance back into things.

I feel ya on the traction issue. It's about time for me to put my vette away for the winter. Drove it today and while fun for a bit, it sure is squirrely in this cold weather. It's about the only time I ever wish for more room in the garage for a Porsche AWD lol. There is a lot of good info here as I'm sure you've seen already. Welcome aboard!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo