2012 LR4 at Cost—anyone get a deal on their 2012?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horns

Reaction score
So, I've been to my dealership a few times in the past week to look at the LUX's in person. Spoke to a salesman I've dealt with in the past about ordering a LUX with the Heavy Duty Pkg and Satellite Radio. He never brought up numbers or anything -- just said it was $1000 to place and order and to let him know when I was ready -- no pressure or urgency at all, which I appreciate.

My question, since I've never "ordered" a vehicle, is when do you agree on a selling price? I kind of got the impression from him that we wouldn't talk hard numbers until the vehicle arrived because packages, options, colors, etc. might change over the course of the 3-6 months it takes to receive the vehicle.

Also, how accurate is the pricing info at sites like Edmunds and TrueCar? TrueCar says invoice on my configuration is $57,523 while dealer cost is $56,545 (MSRP is $61,425). My thought was to start out somewhere in between the two and hope to end up $500-$1000 over invoice.

Thoughts or advice?

I did not order my Lr4 so I can't speak from experience, but I would be very leary to put down a 1 K deposit without an agreed price. (see the first post of this thread). I would suggest you come to an agreement with an invoice + x structure. I would politely get this in the form of an email or something written so that if they change the terms of the deal when the car arrives, you have a leg to stand on to get your $1k back.
You should be able to build the car and get an invoice price when you put your money down. I'm sure some others here on the forum have done this and can chime in.

BushRover

Reaction score
I did not order my Lr4 so I can't speak from experience, but I would be very leary to put down a 1 K deposit without an agreed price. (see the first post of this thread). I would suggest you come to an agreement with an invoice + x structure. I would politely get this in the form of an email or something written so that if they change the terms of the deal when the car arrives, you have a leg to stand on to get your $1k back.
You should be able to build the car and get an invoice price when you put your money down. I'm sure some others here on the forum have done this and can chime in.

I agree! That is what I did. I put 1000k down with a written contract/purchase order stating the sale price of the car and the options i wanted on the car. This way if they don't deliver what you ordered you can get your money back. Hope that helps.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost special ordered a 2011 LR4. My dealer wanted a "fully refundable" deposit before ordering the car. They claimed they would give the whole deposit back for any reason. Didn't make any sense to me. Anyway, it's your money. Unless the deposit is refundable for any reason (in writing), I would agree on the exact vehicle specs and price before ordering.

dp03798

Reaction score
Just bought a 2012 LR4....

I know it would of made good sense to check this board before actually making the purchase but I was extremely busy before the holidays.....

Anyway I want to hear what you guys think of my deal.

I traded in a 2006 RR with over 60k miles and a few nicks and scratches . Dealer gave me 21k for it.

I bought a 2012 LR4 HSE for a little over $48k.

Dealer was originally around 51k. I am on the east coast.

jamgolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow - Congratulations !
Considering that starting MSRP on 2012 HSE LR4 is $54K , I would have to say that is one heck of a deal you got. Thats about $6K off MSRP or >11% off MSRP.

Thats awesome and makes me wonder about my 2011 LR4 HSE which was not even $50K.

Perhaps they made their money from your trade-in. But the price you got is fantastic. I talked to 5 dealers before pulling the trigger. None of them were even close to that on 2012 or 2011 HSEs.

dp03798

Reaction score
Thanks ....thats good to know. Honestly I went in looking for a pre-owned and they were priced in the high 40's...not much difference so that's what pushed me towards getting a new one. Only difference is that the preowned had better financing 0.9% vs 2.9%I got on a 48mth plan. With the taxes and financing included it tops out around 54k.

My trade in had a KBB value of 22-24k but thats in excellent condition which it wasn't.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it would of made good sense to check this board before actually making the purchase but I was extremely busy before the holidays.....

Anyway I want to hear what you guys think of my deal.

I traded in a 2006 RR with over 60k miles and a few nicks and scratches . Dealer gave me 21k for it.

How was your LR4 loaded out? What options? Cold climate, stereo etc.

dp03798

Reaction score
It is a standard HSE. IT has heated front and back seats, NAV, MP3 CAP, BLUE TOOTH, rear camera. It is not the LUX package so it doesn't have memory settings for the driver seat and the multi camera view. With taxes and financing (2.9% over 4years) the truck will cost me 54k.

dp03798

Reaction score
It is a standard HSE. IT has heated front and back seats, NAV, MP3 CAP, BLUE TOOTH, rear camera. It is not the LUX package so it doesn't have memory settings for the driver seat and the multi camera view. With taxes and financing (2.9% over 4years) the truck will cost me 54k.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112