2012 LR4 at Cost—anyone get a deal on their 2012?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? I just paid for the HEAVY DUTY package which is the rear locking. If that's the case, that sucks because it's a $750 option.
I don’t think it is in HSE - HD radio, may be, not Heavy Duty?

I was straggling to find one with HD… Do we really need it? I mean, where would we use it? I am one of those who would have it just to have, but even so I gave up on it…

The inventory, at least on east cost, sucks big time now. The greatest discount I was able to get was 2800 right before the New Year, but it was Black, and I wanted O.Grey. On O.Grey that I am going to pick up on Saturday (250 miles away) I got 2500 discount that is 4% over Invoice. I could probably get more, but I am so tired of trying to find what I want… Just getting it to be over with. I love the track! 

P.S. I could probably get White one at invoice or so…

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dp - can you post a pic of your window sticker? this rear locker issue is confusing. Maybe you also have the HD package but forgot to mention it or didn't realize it?

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys,
I did not get a chance to check the situation with a deposit... Just picked it up yesterday:

IMG000622012011415390001-vi.jpg

Love it so far! 250 miles on a highway - no problem.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't understand your point at all. I'm not commenting on jeans or a suit, and none of that matters. You tried to make a moral judgment that people shouldn't try to pay less than "cost" for their Land Rover on the ground that the dealer needs to make a profit. My point is that you (and the rest of us) don't have any idea at all what the true cost of the car actually is. And you (but not I) failed to account for the dealers' numerous other profit centers. In other words, there is nothing immoral about paying less than invoice for a car. Particularly for the LR4, which is in phenomenally short supply, the dealers won't sell them at a true "loss," whatever that means.

Your comment about me wanting to "nickel and dime" my dealer in order to "float my boat" is absurd and wildly inaccurate. If you aren't willing to admit to the fact that you got called out on a point of which you know very little, you should probably not have responded at all.

Go drive your Prius, sir!

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go drive your Prius, sir!

Five and a half weeks to formulate your response, and that's the best you could come up with? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you were attempting an insult or a joke, but it failed on both counts. Your attempt to avoid the substance of my post, however, did not go un-noticed.

(And btw, the Prius is great, so thanks for remembering! Averaged 48 mpg from LA to Palm Springs and back with 3 people at about 70-80 mph the whole way two weekends ago.)

Also, you don't need to call me "sir." I'm a pretty informal kind of guy.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What response?

If you wish to haggle, then haggle it down to cost or below...if you don't, then do not.

Prius is fine, yet pretty ugly. I also think Prius drivers hate gaz-guzzlers, Land Rovers including

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What response?

If you wish to haggle, then haggle it down to cost or below...if you don't, then do not.

Prius is fine, yet pretty ugly. I also think Prius drivers hate gaz-guzzlers, Land Rovers including

This thread is about the cost of buying an LR4. Yet, somehow, you feel that it is appropriate to insult my other car and make a generalization about Prius drivers.

Anyone know if this forum has an "ignore" feature?

Last edited:

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is about the cost of buying an LR4. Yet, somehow, you feel that it is appropriate to insult my other car and make a generalization about Prius drivers.

Anyone know if this forum has an "ignore" feature?

I will be honest. I have purchased 5 vehicle from my Land Rover/Volvo dealer since 2007. I am there all the time, not only because I own two Land Rovers (and they seem to miss the maintenance dept) but because I get free car wash services. I am very close to the sales guys and the dealership manager. I can assure you that the day that I don't hassle them before purchasing a vehicle I will shoot myself. It is not a matter of insulting them, it's a matter of principle in my part. They may be a few steps above the Hunday dealer sales tactics across town, not trying to offend Hunday owners (which BTW have a better Bluetooth system than LR) but they still are "car salesmen". Besides, do you know when was the last time the lost money on a vehicle? The day they didn't sell it. The bottom line may be lower on some deals, but they DO NOT loose money.
Do you really drive and LR4 and a Prius? That's cool! I get critiziced about my "gas gussler" all the time and I live in WI! I would love to have a bumper sticker that reads "Don't say anything, my other car is a Prius"!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be honest. I have purchased 5 vehicle from my Land Rover/Volvo dealer since 2007. I am there all the time, not only because I own two Land Rovers (and they seem to miss the maintenance dept) but because I get free car wash services. I am very close to the sales guys and the dealership manager. I can assure you that the day that I don't hassle them before purchasing a vehicle I will shoot myself. It is not a matter of insulting them, it's a matter of principle in my part. They may be a few steps above the Hunday dealer sales tactics across town, not trying to offend Hunday owners (which BTW have a better Bluetooth system than LR) but they still are "car salesmen". Besides, do you know when was the last time the lost money on a vehicle? The day they didn't sell it. The bottom line may be lower on some deals, but they DO NOT loose money.
Do you really drive and LR4 and a Prius? That's cool! I get critiziced about my "gas gussler" all the time and I live in WI! I would love to have a bumper sticker that reads "Don't say anything, my other car is a Prius"!

That would be a nice bumper sticker!!! Good one.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be a nice bumper sticker!!! Good one.

But then, by way of full disclosure, I would need to put another bumper sticker on my Prius that says: "Don't be Impressed by my MPG -- my other car is a Land Rover!"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72