2012 LR4 at Cost—anyone get a deal on their 2012?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alegrialv

Reaction score
Dealer finally called me and my order is coming in. He's tricky though (though I don't expect less from a dealer that doesn't squeeze every penny from you), he told me upon ordering, about 2 months ago, he can get me a 2-3k discount. Now they say they're not getting any LUXs for a while so he has to sell my order at cost. Ordered a LUX with vision, hd, and long roof rack...coming out to 68K with tax...I live in Vegas.

Anyone got deals on their 2012s? I'm a little annoyed because I waited so long, but I know it's working against me because OF the wait. Checked in CA, there's lots in stock, but none of the options I want.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh...I hate these games -- that sounds particularly snakey. I'd like to hear people's advice as well, as I plan on possibly ordering an LR in the near future.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was at my dealer and they did mention that inventory nationwide was low on land rover products, they were getting calls everyday wanting other dealers to trade for there models

72offsuit

Reaction score
Dealer finally called me and my order is coming in. He's tricky though (though I don't expect less from a dealer that doesn't squeeze every penny from you), he told me upon ordering, about 2 months ago, he can get me a 2-3k discount. Now they say they're not getting any LUXs for a while so he has to sell my order at cost. Ordered a LUX with vision, hd, and long roof rack...coming out to 68K with tax...I live in Vegas.

Anyone got deals on their 2012s? I'm a little annoyed because I waited so long, but I know it's working against me because OF the wait. Checked in CA, there's lots in stock, but none of the options I want.

When I ordered my LUX I gave a $500 deposit and had a written Purchase Order Agreement with prices, discount, deposit and amount due at delivery. Nothing to argue or discuss. I got a $2000 discount on mine. If it were me I would tell these guys to honor the verbal agreement and if they will not, tell them to F... off and shop elsewhere. If they had 10 LUX's sitting on the lot they would not try this BS. Dealer may get burned not as many takers at 68k, that truck is loaded and he may sit with it for a while, call his bluff. :creep: Just my .02, good luck.

Last edited:

alegrialv

Reaction score
Wish I had thought about that...rookie move. I remember saying that I wanted to work it out at time of ordering too, but I believed him when he said I can get a better deal at delivery. You know what, I will call his bluff, I can wait for this...now it's a matter of principal.

horns

Reaction score

I got my '12 at $900 over invoice on the East Coast.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer split shipping cost that was required to truck it from several states away - $700
Dealer threw in trailer hitch- $450ish
Dealer threw in labor to wire trailer light hook up- ? Maybe $150?

All in all, I guess it was about $1300 off. Not a great deal on a $66,000+ tax car, but I'm happy with it so that's all that matters.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer split shipping cost that was required to truck it from several states away - $700
Dealer threw in trailer hitch- $450ish
Dealer threw in labor to wire trailer light hook up- ? Maybe $150?

All in all, I guess it was about $1300 off. Not a great deal on a $66,000+ tax car, but I'm happy with it so that's all that matters.

$66k sounds sorta high to me for the lux. Aren't they only $56-$60k range?

alegrialv

Reaction score
Base LUX is almost 59k and every color except fuji white is almost 1k. Few options and then taxes...bam 66k.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Base LUX is almost 59k and every color except fuji white is almost 1k. Few options and then taxes...bam 66k.

The 3K for wheels and 2.5k for rear entertainment were the costliest options and either one could be left off and few people would ever miss it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72