2012 Lr4 service required message “Reset”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks, just after engine on but once all the other instrument panel lights have gone off I see a "Service Required" warning, which after a few seconds disappears. Is this normal behavior or should the "Service Required" stay illuminated if indeed a service is required? I'm not aware of any pending service items hence why it seems weird... Perhaps it's part of the startup procedure and I've just never seen it before? Thoughts gratefully received - Thanks.

Comes on every 15,000 miles. It's the factory oil change interval reminder (which is way too long, by the way.)

If you have a 2013 or older I believe you need a diagnostic tool (such as GAP IID) to reset it. Or have the stealership or an indy reset it.

There's some weird procedure to reset it and I believe it's a few posts above if you have a 2014+.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, right now I'm less than 15,000 miles; I had the dealership do the last oil change and recall them resetting the service required reminder. My question is more around the behavior I'm seeing; the fact that it pops up for a few seconds and then disappears, is this normal? I have the GAP tool. My LR4 is a 2012.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks, just after engine on but once all the other instrument panel lights have gone off I see a "Service Required" warning, which after a few seconds disappears. Is this normal behavior or should the "Service Required" stay illuminated if indeed a service is required? I'm not aware of any pending service items hence why it seems weird... Perhaps it's part of the startup procedure and I've just never seen it before? Thoughts gratefully received - Thanks.

It comes on and then goes off. Normal. Mine has being doing it since 2013.

ugmw177

Reaction score
Use your GAP tool and under instrument pack, you can reset it. After 15k miles, it will appear each time car is started and then stay there either until you hit ok to dismiss or for a short while then go away. Wish there was a way to reprogram to like 5k miles which should the maximum oil change interval

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slack