2012 Paint Scheme Scheme?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Hull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the hitch receiver on ebay for $300 new with buy it now...not always but it is there currently. The tow electrics will need to be purchased from the dealer for a couple hundred or there about and a handy person can install themselves. The hitch itself is sold in a case through the dealers for $300 or so, but you can buy pretty much the same thing or better from any trailer supply store for easily under $100. Then the only thing left would be a brake controller if you are towing a trailer with brakes. There is no land rover dealer version so you again buy this from the trailer supply. I'm just in the process of putting this together so someone can correct me if anything is incorrect,...this is my understanding. The dealer salesman told me there was nothing needing programming on the vehicle for tow assist but he has been wrong on other things so I will have to see....there are some targets that you stick to the trailer and non were provided with the vehciles so I'm not sure where you get those.

ChicagoSammo

Reaction score
I don't feel so bad about having to pay the $950 for the Bournville colour now ;-)
As for the tow hitch and electrics, just as everyone else has mentioned you will need to purchase the tow electrics, hitch receiver and tow hitch.
Should it be standard on a LR4, maybe, but then I guess that 90% of them never tow anything and therefore LR decided to reduce the cost (relatively) and leave it off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635