2012 Paint Scheme Scheme?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horns

Reaction score
I am in the homestretch for pulling the trigger on a 2012 LR4. Am I seeing things or does the LR-usa site now indicate that pretty much all paint colors available are up to $950 extra. The exception being black which is $475. This is on top of the increased base price increase for 2012.
Does this mean that to avoid the extra charge I have to take the car without paint??
Ouch. Did this just change in the last week or two??
Is this an omen of what is to come or just my inner cheapness coming out?

hotdog

Reaction score
I believe you are correct, with the exception that White is free. Yaaay. Unfortunately for me and probably you too, I don't like either Black or White. At the risk of sounding urber cheap is anyone else urked by potentially having to pay transportation charges of $500-$1000 because LR doesn't want to stock more than a few cars at each dealership, which at my dealership only consist of ... you guessed it ... black & white.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that really does suck! I got white though and never even considered another color so I hadn't heard of that. What can you do though you know? Gotta pay to play. In this price range, I guess that is to be expected some. I wasn't thrilled about having to pay extra for sat radio that I'll never use.

hotdog

Reaction score
My sales guy also says I will need to purchase a tow package for about $1500 before I can tow. He says this is not the HD package(lock diff+full spare) but the bar and hitch setup + some software to help tow. Does this sound right?

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, the tow equipment does not come standard. Anyone else know for sure? I don't plan on towing with mine so I never bothered to look into it. I'm sure someone else here could tell you though.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, the tow equipment does not come standard. Anyone else know for sure? I don't plan on towing with mine so I never bothered to look into it. I'm sure someone else here could tell you though.

In the 2010 and 2011 model years, you need to get the tow hitch receiver and the tow electrics in order to tow. The approximate cost is $1000 give or take...I have no idea what is going on with the 2012 model year. The LRUSA websit eis very vague!!!

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the part numbers from your dealer and try to source from eBay or other Internet vendor. A quick search on the above referenced should save you $$$$$$.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked my 2012. Nothing is there but I can see where it would attach. That really is a strange looking setup! I wonder what the reasoning behind that was. Anyway, I didn't order the tow package so I wasn't expecting anything to be there but with the way things seem to go with LR I figured it wouldn't hurt to check lol.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the part numbers from your dealer and try to source from eBay or other Internet vendor. A quick search on the above referenced should save you $$$$$$.

YOu can get the hitch receiver and the tow electrics from a source other than the dealer, but once the tow electrics are intalled the dealer needs to program the LR4 to recognize the tow electrics especially in Lux models which have tow and trailer assist features. I got the hitch receiver on line and had the dealer instal and program the tow electrics.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9