2013 Gently Murmuring at Me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Myton

Reaction score
My wife got in the LR4 this weekend and asked "why is your car making those little whimper/murmur sounds?" I really hadn't noticed but after she pointed it out I could hear it. It seems to be making the noise every time the automatic setting on the AC changes the vent directions or speed of the fans.

Has anyone found a quick and easy fix for this other than turning up the radio or rolling down the windows?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife got in the LR4 this weekend and asked "why is your car making those little whimper/murmur sounds?" I really hadn't noticed but after she pointed it out I could hear it. It seems to be making the noise every time the automatic setting on the AC changes the vent directions or speed of the fans.

Has anyone found a quick and easy fix for this other than turning up the radio or rolling down the windows?
It sounds like this is the little baffles in the vents that open and close to direct airflow. I think this is not an abnormal noise and you should just ignore it.

These are kind of hard to get at based on earlier posts from people who have looked into them. I do recall getting in the car with my mechanic in my LR3 one time, heard those noises, and he just laughed "yeah... those things are awful". I guess if you have a warranty it may be worth getting it checked, I wouldn't otherwise.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72