2013???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umbertob, i bet you're having sleepless nights like i did when i bought my lr3 six years ago. I remember not being able to sleep the night before i picked up my car, like a little boy excited about his new toy.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sleepless nights - yet - we're still a couple of months away. Plus, I still love my Range Rover Sport, she's been a fantastic car (I have over 200K miles on it, you'd think I live in it, and I kind of do...) and will miss her when she's gone. She has taken me literally everywhere and I built her up pretty good over the years, rock sliders, oversized tires, raised suspensions, diagnostic tools, all kinds of gizmos... It'll take a while before I get the balls to subject the LR4 to the same kind of abuse, lol. But I am definitely sold on the brand, I am a Land Rover owner for the long haul. I'd keep the Sport as my toy if I could - but don't have anywhere to park her.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ooh, diagnostic tools, tell me more. I am all about tech stuff. Integrated into nav screen or mounted on dash?

On a side note, I am really amazed as well as damn upset that LR has done away with the roof rails as standard equip in LR4. I could understand them omitting it from the base model, but not including it in a 60K plus LUX trim? Thats just wrong. My 06 LR3 HSE came with it. I am thinking of calling LRNA and registering my complain, just based on principal.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Faultmate MSV-2 Extreme from Blackbox Solutions and I was a beta tester for GAP Diagnostic's IIDTool. Although very different in price, capabilities and usability / interface, both are great diagnostic tools for Sport / LR3 (LR4 should be available as well), they interface via OBDII port. Plenty of info on both on these and other forums. Sorry everyone, off topic.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks like the dealers already have the 2013 models in now.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks like the dealers already have the 2013 models in now.
Many of the dealerships here in N. CA have the 2013 models in and the pictures (though they seem to be stock photos) ALL have the Jaguar/Range Rover-style turn-knob gear selector.... is this a change for 2013???

Also, I noticed that the rear labels have "LR4" and "V8" and then "HSE" if applicable. The addition of the "V8" is new.

Interesting... I am trying to find REAL photos!

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many of the dealerships here in N. CA have the 2013 models in and the pictures (though they seem to be stock photos) ALL have the Jaguar/Range Rover-style turn-knob gear selector.... is this a change for 2013???

Also, I noticed that the rear labels have "LR4" and "V8" and then "HSE" if applicable. The addition of the "V8" is new.

Interesting... I am trying to find REAL photos!

-David

Hey David,

Autotrader has a lot of 2013s and two black design series w/extended leather for sale. From the photos the gear shift is still there, which is good but odd that the jag/lr turn-knob still hasn't made it to the states.

Oddly, the rear badging just says LR4. The HSE is absent and no luxury or V8 badges. Not sure if this is across the lines or just for the black design. I'm surprised.

I'm going for the black series in white with extended leather, may order one this summer. This round I'd like to get what I really want. But, worse case I'd take something else if it's a good deal, but it must have the arabic brown leather w/extended leather and HD.

Cheers,
Stephen

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David,

Autotrader has a lot of 2013s and two black design series w/extended leather for sale. From the photos the gear shift is still there, which is good but odd that the jag/lr turn-knob still hasn't made it to the states.

Oddly, the rear badging just says LR4. The HSE is absent and no luxury or V8 badges. Not sure if this is across the lines or just for the black design. I'm surprised.

I'm going for the black series in white with extended leather, may order one this summer. This round I'd like to get what I really want. But, worse case I'd take something else if it's a good deal, but it must have the arabic brown leather w/extended leather and HD.

Cheers,
Stephen
Hey Stephen,

How odd! I have only seen "stock" photos on the local dealer websites (LR of San Jose, LR of Redwood City, and BMC), and they are completely different than the photos in Autotrader. I also think it's weird there is no HSE badges on the back - odd!

I want the same package as you for my next Discovery! :)

-David

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why bother with the V8 since it is all we can get over here anyway.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer is saying that you still get the 10 spoke (squareish) wheels with the HSE Lux in 2013. Does anyone have any photo evidence of this?

I don't like the new 7 spoke HSE wheels. They don't match the car, too rounded.

Im ordering a Fuji/black int, HSE Lux, DVD Entertainment, Heavy Duty on Monday most likely.

The dealer im working with is nice, but I know more about these vehicles than they do so I don't trust them when they quickly answer a question that I can't find answers to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635