2013???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer is saying that you still get the 10 spoke (squareish) wheels with the HSE Lux in 2013. Does anyone have any photo evidence of this?

I don't like the new 7 spoke HSE wheels. They don't match the car, too rounded.

Im ordering a Fuji/black int, HSE Lux, DVD Entertainment, Heavy Duty on Monday most likely.

The dealer im working with is nice, but I know more about these vehicles than they do so I don't trust them when they quickly answer a question that I can't find answers to.
Hey mbw,

Auto trader dot com has a lot of 2013 photos. I see both the 7 spoke and 10 spoke wheels for the 2013 model year. The 2010-2012 HSE models had the 7 spoke (split) wheels, I believe - are those the ones you do not like?

-David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey mbw,

Auto trader dot com has a lot of 2013 photos. I see both the 7 spoke and 10 spoke wheels for the 2013 model year. The 2010-2012 HSE models had the 7 spoke (split) wheels, I believe - are those the ones you do not like?

-David

I like these 10 spoke (2012 HSE LUX wheels)
whlthm_l319_002bt_n-029qs.png

I don't like these, the new HSE wheels for 2013
whlthm_l319_002bt_n-029sv.png

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my special order 2013 finally arrived at the dealer... with Rear Seat Entertainment, which I didn't want or order. It's a $2500.00 option I really don't want to pay for. In the build confirmation they sent me when I put down my deposit RSE is nowhere to be found. Dealer claims they didn't order it, but Land Rover put it in by "mistake"... What would you guys do in my shoes?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my special order 2013 finally arrived at the dealer... with Rear Seat Entertainment, which I didn't want or order. It's a $2500.00 option I really don't want to pay for. In the build confirmation they sent me when I put down my deposit RSE is nowhere to be found. Dealer claims they didn't order it, but Land Rover put it in by "mistake"... What would you guys do in my shoes?

I personally would take it. The new RSE system looks nice to me. umbertob, can you post a ton of photos of the RSE system if you get it??... almost nothing on the web shows the new system, new larger rear screens, menus on the front screen, etc. Post pics of the whole thing too.

BTW, I found out about the wheels from land rover directly. I can still get the 10 spoke 19" wheels with a 2013 HSE Lux order. I don't have to get the new 7 spoke 19". (I still really think the 10 spoke look better)

ThePerchik

Reaction score

I would probably take it but at the same time negotiate a discount on it. No way should you pay all 2.5k in my opinion.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your dealer should definitely give you a deal - if not - I would call LR of NA.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in an order for a 2013 in new Causeway Grey, HSE, HD package and extended leather. Can't wait!!!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, dealer is saying "Yeah, someone screwed up alright... But you will pay for the RSE in full, we won't take a penny off." Love their customer oriented attitude (Land Rover Encino, CA.) I might just let them keep it and place my order elsewhere, what's another couple of months in the grand scheme of things? I have basically been waiting since September and am in no rush, my 2006 RRS is still doing great.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, dealer is saying "Yeah, someone screwed up alright... But you will pay for the RSE in full, we won't take a penny off." Love their customer oriented attitude (Land Rover Encino, CA.) I might just let them keep it and place my order elsewhere, what's another couple of months in the grand scheme of things? I have basically been waiting since September and am in no rush, my 2006 RRS is still doing great.
Did you call LR of North America?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David, to answer you questions on the new rims/tires I purchased for my '10 LR4, I bought the 10 spoke with the Contis. It was cheaper for me to buy brand new rims with tires off of a brand new '12 LR4 Lux than buy new tires and have them mounted on my original rims that frankly were getting pitted and started looking like crap. Rather than fight with the dealer to have the rims replaced, this option worked out perfectly.

There is a guy in the East Bay who has networked with the dealers around the area and for new cars that get upgraded boom boom wheels on their Rovers and Porsches, and leave the new wheels behind, the dealers sell them to this guy who resells them on eBay. I paid 1200 cash for the set, brand spanking new, mounted and balanced. At first I was very skeptical on the seller but after getting to his house in a pretty nice neighborhood along with great eBay record did I make the deal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635