2014 LR4 - Confirmation of no changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to the my dealer on Friday as they previously thought they would be placing their first '14 orders. That has now been pushed out to next month so no final word on engines and options. They are guessing like we are and their guess is V6's.

I have been debating about picking up a '13 but finding a LUX in a acceptable color might not be easy for a dealer trade. It looks like I will keep my '11 and try out a '14 when they arrive and if the engine can't handle it, I will probably order a lighter RR Sport.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 FTW!

They took the branding changes a bit far. Sure, put Discovery on the back, stop with the silly LR# thing... but on the front too? That is a big change. Every other car has had Land Rover or Range Rover on the front.

The front is even more soft. again, meh.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn

I've been holding my breath on this and hoping the V8 would remain. I love the LR4 and the clinch has always been its power and ability to two my camper and boat. I'll hold on to my 2011 or look for a 2013 when the price drop comes in, but I refuse to buy a truck or SUV with a V6. Its just plain wrong. I know lots can debate is, but to me it just sucks. Kind of like arguing that one nut is sufficient. Technically maybe, but come on. My bet is that we see a V8 option by 2015, Otherwise this is going to become a soccer mom vehicle competing with the likes of the ML350 and the X5.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the source on the article, but I'm reluctant to believe anything coming from a source other than Land Rover. The article does summarize many of the changes we've been hearing about. Two things that it didn't cover are the shifter and the on-screen interface for Nav / Audio / Video / etc...

DI5CO

Reaction score
It came from www.carsales.com.au a, you guessed it, a car sales website in Australia. They also do news articles etc. it's Australia's largest car sales website. I guess they weren't changing the gear shift etc that's why they didn't mention it. Also it's only a mild facelift, nothing major.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 FTW!

They took the branding changes a bit far. Sure, put Discovery on the back, stop with the silly LR# thing... but on the front too? That is a big change. Every other car has had Land Rover or Range Rover on the front.

The front is even more soft. again, meh.
I just mentioned that in another thread - I do NOT like the "Discovery" in the front - looks so out of place. They should have kept "Land Rover" on the front and put "Discovery" on the back. Luckily it's easily to change the front badging! :)

The front is definitely a bit more soft, I don't like the bulb design on the headlights. I don't hate it, but I am definitely glad I have a 2013.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the badging goes, I agree the Discovery is out of place. Luckily, and I hope this is accurate, I read an article that stated the badging in the US and Mid-East will remained unchanged. What EXACTLY that means, I don't know. I would like to see the LR4 become just Discovery, but leave the marks where they are. Here is a link. Text in the middle of the article.

http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-in/land-rover/news/2013/09/lr_2014_discovery_030913/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635