2014 LR4 on Landrover.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Provisional numbers" must mean EPA hasn't tested and certified the new SCV6 engine yet, so Land Rover is making an educated guess in its literature. I am afraid I am not up to speed on emission standards used in Europe vs US, but there as well I'd suspect any difference are likely due to different evaluation standards and testing methods. In the US, the EPA manages such emission standards, while here in California the standards are even more restrictive (they are supposedly among the most restrictive in the world, which is why we don't get a lot of diesel engines around here that are otherwise legal in Europe and the rest of the United States) and are locally managed by the California Air Resources Board, or CARB.

You definitely need to check with your local authorities regarding possible modifications and / or emissions requirements in your country for vehicles imported from the US. My understanding however is that, if it's good enough to pass CARB standards, it is more than good enough anywhere else in the world.

Last edited:

AceRider

Reaction score
What's the wacky hitch thing on the picture with the boats on the roof?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635