1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 defender off road pack - rear locker

Discussion in 'Defender L663 (2020 - Present)' started by joseph michael, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Preetsarai

Preetsarai Well-Known Member

upload_2020-10-15_16-19-10.png

The offroad pack was available as an option ($1345) when I ordered mine but was trying to stay on a tight budget so didnt select it. I'm sure the decision will come back to haunt me later, but for now I dont do serious offroading that would warrant a locker. I also read somewhere that torque vectoring eats up the brake pads quite fast - so used that as a justification not to get it ;-)

Troy Angrignon likes this.
  2. Preetsarai

Preetsarai Well-Known Member

3. joseph michael

joseph michael Member

me too...but we shall see!

4. PWD2

PWD2 Active Member

We are lucky in Canada as we have only have 15yr rule.

Southern european 200 or 300 tdi is the way to go if your state allows. Way better gas mileage/range and still fine for 70mph cruising. $35 - 45 U.S. ish ? plus a bit of refurb.. obviously a crude drive compared modern defender.

5. m_lars

m_lars Full Access Member

That’s nice you can import 10 years sooner than the states. My statement was a little hyperbolic, but not too much. There was a decent looking 110 locally that was $32k, no idea what motor. There are plenty of examples on KSL, the Salt Lake City classifieds, that are $100-$200k all refurbished.

6. Perseus

Perseus Full Access Member

Off-road pack is the only way to go if purchasing a New Defender.. I recently purchased a 2020.5 Defender S/P300 with Off-Road and Tow packages. It's a blast to drive off-road especially with the 360 degree camera system helping to spot the tires over rocks.

PaulLR3 and Troy Angrignon like this.