3 issues (sunroof, gas gauge & engine light)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2008 LR2 and I've had 3 problems:

1. The sunroof has problems sometimes closing; I think it’s the wind deflector. When I close the sunroof it always gets to the closing point then opens back up like something is in the way. When I hold down the wind deflector with my hand and move it fast just as the sunroof is closing it will close for me.

2. I have an issue with the gas gauge, sometimes when I start the car the gauge is on E with the light on to tell me the tank is empty. Once I restarted the car and it fixed itself but sometimes it don't. Or I can be driving and the gas gauge would go to E and the light come on, once I hit a bump in the road and it fixed itself and showed the correct amount of gas I had.

3. This issue just happened last night, I was driving and the engine light came on, it is still on today. I thought maybe when I wake up in the morning it would be off but no luck. I don't know if this is because yesterday I was driving using six-speed STEPTRONIC automatic shift for the first time.

Has anyone had these issues or have answers?
P.S. I live in the Caribbean so I don’t have a Land Rover dealer up the street!
:albertein

Shermie

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your LR2. As you mentioned that you don't have access to a LR dealer I recommend the followng. Purchase when you can a OBD2 Scanner (On Board Diagnostics II). With such a unit you will be able to recover the car's error codes. Some of the more expensive OBD2 units will actually allow the user to reset and clear the alarms. Then you can drive the car again and when the symptom re-appears, scan the car and determine where the trouble lies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM