50K. Replaced front pads, front struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, it is around 49,500 miles. Brake pad replacement light came on for the front pads. Rears were replaced around 35K. The dealer also decided to replace the front struts under warranty as they were "soft". I'm pretty pleased with how the brakes held up for me. But I am a "patient" driver and about 1/3rd of the miles were highway with minimal braking. The rest were split between running around town or mountain highways with plenty of braking.

Just thought I would offer another data point on brake and front strut wear. I also go off road a bit so that is likely the reason for the front strut wear?

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty good mileage out of the brakes.

What do you mean by front strut wear? What does "soft" mean in this case? It's an air bladder type, right? So it's always "soft", no?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm approaching 20K miles and pretty sure I'll have to replace the pads later this year. Maybe 20% highway, but the other 80% is stop and go in a hilly area.

Not great, but not horrific considering it seems I'll only need pads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM