98 Disco Oil Pressure...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deeb

Reaction score
today i used an oil pressure gauge on my disco 1. cold and idling it read around 25-27psi. as it warmed up it went down to 25 psi and when i rev'd up the engine the psi reading would go down to around 23 psi.

per joeys recommendation, the first thing i did with the truck was took off the oil pan and cleaned it and the oil lifter tube. i then put new oil, a new filter, and ran some seafoam through the intake, gas tank and crank case.
*when pulled the oil pan off, i wasnt able to get it completely out from under the truck, so i did my best to clean it out while it was hung up around the axle. is it possible to get that thing entirely out from under there? i did the pipe/pan cleaning last weekend and havent ran the truck for more than 20 minutes since.

is it time to start thinking oil pump? :ahhhhh:

thanks
chad

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Per another member he found the oil cooler in the Radiator was his issue (it was clogged) he by-passed it and showed improvement (I would recommend an oil cooler if this is your case as well... but wouldn't hurt to attempt to by-pass to see if this is your issue.

And yes you can remove the oil pan it is just not fun as you have to remove other things too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112