A 2010 LR4 brakes question. HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shehab

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My dad owns a 2010 Land Rover LR4 HS (The V6 engine).

He bought it last mouth for $36.000 and it only did about 58.600km, and a week later he had to travel for work.

And up until the last two days while I was driving it, I started to notice the sound (in the front right wheel) you hear when either: the brake disks or the brake pads are worn out. :help:

I ignored it at that time and said (in my head) that it will be gone soon but today the sound got more intense (stronger). So I stopped the car and tried to see whats causing this sound.

And I saw that the remaining brake pad had almost 5 % of the hole pad, and the disk's surface was eaten and had a lot of scratches and some sort of shiny metal powder, so I checked the other 3 wheels and they too had almost 5 or 10% of the brake pads but the disks seemed normal to me.

Is it safe to keep using the car until my dad returns? and if so how longer?, or could some serious injury to the car take place (happen)?

And if I should change any part, should It just be all the brake pads and the one damaged disk alone?, or should I change the all the disks and pads?

And could you tell me how much all of the parts might cost me?

And if you'll suggest that I should take it back to the dealer then don't. cuz the buying contract states that: The customer (my dad) has received a clean car that has no problems. and my dad signed it.:mad:

Thanks a million.:biggrin:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not drive the LR4 in that condition unless it is an emergency.

Replace all pads obviously, and at the very least the front discs (both sides). As for the rear discs, you would have to measure them and compare them against the specification.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not drive the LR4 in that condition unless it is an emergency.

Replace all pads obviously, and at the very least the front discs (both sides). As for the rear discs, you would have to measure them and compare them against the specification.

agreed!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM