A proud new Disco Owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Griffog

Hi All,

Took delivery of a 2004 Discovery Landmark TD5 Auto this week. Whilst I have had a few 90's and Series II's in the past I always wanted a Disco and now I have one :)

As a GPS consultant and Editor of PocketGPSWorld.Com I am now busily outfitting the Disco with two PDA GPS Systems, a boot mounted GPS tracker and a dedicted GPS device from Navman. I'll post some photos once all the kit is in and wired.

p.s. If anyone can suggest an easy place under the fuse box lid to obtain a 12v accessory feed I'd appreciate it!

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep us updated on the disco that you are working on. I would love to see some pics.

G

Griffog

I've knocked up a quick web page showing the mounts installed, I'll add an image of how and where I tapped in to the wiring this weekend.

I identified a permanent 12v feed in the socket of an unused relay in the fuse box and used this for the two cradles. I've also used a 4-Way Cigarette lighter extension from the central cigar lighter to power the GPS based speed camera detector and Smartphone GPS as well as providing me with somewhere to plug in the charger for one of the Bleutooth GPS receivers.

Still to be fitted is a black box GPS receiver that will sit under the passenger seat and a PDA Amplifier that boosts the sound output and feeds in to the Disco's speakers in the same way as a cellphone carkit would.

Webpage is at www.griffinnet.co.uk/ppgps.htm

And btw, I love the car, completely hooked!

D

disco1

Hi Darren! Great photos + installs, and I thought I was the only gadgetman around, but I have to ask a question? What does the passenger get to play with?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72