New 2001 Disco owner... big plans...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Disco

Reaction score
Hello all...

I have been a long time senior member of Tacomaworld.com forum untill my wife rolled my exstensivly modified 2007 Tacoma and am now a 2001 disco owner...

I purchased the Disco from a guy that blew the head gasket and had left it in a parking lot for over a month due to no money to pay to tow it! He was kinda between a rock and a hard place so I purchesed it.

Since then I pulled the engine tore it down to block had heads milled and rebuilt it with the British Atlantic parts kit and replaced all babbit bearings, piston rings, and seals. I also got the Magnacor 8.5 mm wires and new plugs. I have decited to do away with the Dexcool and replace with Peak life time global. I just started it up yesterday for the first time And sounds great. It's now at the tranny shop getting a fluid change and inspection. Will do a service on the diffs and transfer case when I get it home.

I am planning on doing the OME HD coils and shocks with stablizer, 265 75 R16 Hankook Dynapro ATM Tires and truck bed lining the whole out side and cargo area straight away. Then will be doing a front bumper with winch but can't decide between the ARB because it is proven or going with another brand that has a better approach angle, what do u think? Also am torn between getting a Gobi Rack or finding a rear bumper with hi lift jack and jerry can mount...

So I guess any advice or personal exsperiencess you all could pass my way would be great. I live in Rio Rancho NM. By the way I a 12 year disabled army vet and now have more time than money on my hands but am very mecanicly enclinned and very good with electrical systems, I am the go to guy for all the Toyota Tacoma owners in my area for just about anything and would like to be that way here also. Thanks for everthing in advance,

Scott
Scott.Lasco@gmail

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635