LR4 Owner Considering Disco 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk how any of you guys can not say this truck is fast. It’s definitely not the fastest thing I’ve driven, but it’s the fastest vehicle I’ve owned. It does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds. That’s faster than the non-M X5 4.8 AND Cayenne S of the same vintage.

Agreed. The LR4 has more than enough power and is pretty quick for what it is.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't understand what I want and in no way would I buy a Cayenne. Its an egg on wheels.

Hunt for power you’ll never get, clearly you don’t know these cars well enough to understand that more power isn’t exactly within reach of the AJ133 unless you supercharge it and only one person has done that so far…

If you had any modifications done to your car you’d know that it all goes one way and that is slower.

And sure maybe the cayenne isn’t the best looking car in the world and you wouldn’t buy one, but could you even buy a 9YA cayenne s even if you wanted to…?

Don’t have to gas light peoples choices pal, especially when I was just trying to help you out, your better off looking for a street preformance oriented car than an off-road vehicle if you “need more power”.

Last edited:

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk how any of you guys can not say this truck is fast. It’s definitely not the fastest thing I’ve driven, but it’s the fastest vehicle I’ve owned. It does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds. That’s faster than the non-M X5 4.8 AND Cayenne S of the same vintage.

Sorry miscommunication, I agreed that this thing for it’s time is way well off on preformance, I meant a newer version of those cars something within the last 5 years. Of course if I was trying to have more preformance on a tighter budget I would opt for something like a 335i and or even an e92 m3 if that’s within reach in the budget (my personal opinion, I’m a bmw guy) but main picture I wouldn’t look for a fast suv in general unless your budget allowed you to. I think these things have plenty of power for what they are and am more than satisfied with how they drive. I just wouldn’t think about using an off-road vehicle as a canyon carver, I would go for something more street preformance oriented.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't mean to cause a brawl.

Admittedly, I baby mine because I'm blind to any "ticking time bomb" problems that may be lurking beneath the surface. Expect to have a little extra cash to throw at it soon. Want to do all the preventative maintenance stuff and maybe a few performance upgrades. During that process, if something major comes up I'll have it fixed. After that, I'll be willing to throw caution to the wind knowing I've done everything I can and that (from a maintenance standpoint) it isn't going to get any better. Until that plays out, I'm pretty risk adverse. It also could be my LR4 isn't as good as yours.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't mean to cause a brawl.

Admittedly, I baby mine because I'm blind to any "ticking time bomb" problems that may be lurking beneath the surface. Expect to have a little extra cash to throw at it soon. Want to do all the preventative maintenance stuff and maybe a few performance upgrades. During that process, if something major comes up I'll have it fixed. After that, I'll be willing to throw caution to the wind knowing I've done everything I can and that (from a maintenance standpoint) it isn't going to get any better. Until that plays out, I'm pretty risk adverse. It also could be my LR4 isn't as good as yours.
Don’t apologize, you didn’t cause anything. Also your lr4 is as good as all of ours. I’ve been driving mine for a long time, and I’ve owed mine since new so I have the comfort of knowing how it was driven and what maintenance has been done to it. As far as chain noise goes, im at 145k on my truck, some times I’ll wake up and feel like I hear something but it’s always just the timing gods playing tricks on me. Stick to 5k oil intervals (7.5k is pushing it imo) and let the car trickle down from high idle (1300 rpm after starting) and let the car warm to 185° before taking it over 3k rpm (roughly 6-7mins of driving at 75°<) and you should be good. Unless you hear something similar to the chain noises on YouTube try to not worry about it.

Last edited:

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think the timing chain issue is overblown.

I'm almost confident that we have had way more blown engines on this forum from crossover pipes splitting apart.

Now if you're running 15k oil change intervals, you're screwed IMO.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
80mph in the LR4 here in Houston means you are still in the driveway - well only exaggerating a little bit, no traffic cops here anymore and while I also baby it, 80mph is an every day occurrence. And for grins you could add a supercharger to that V8...

Hey, the heart wants what it wants, if you want it, get it. Call it a hobby and use the hobby "budget".

Personally I would love a 1954 Rover, and I drool when I see that British Racing Green one around in the neighborhood - but it's only a dream...

But I can't complain with a stable of three LR4's right now...

Your truck is as good or better than ours.
And remember, they are all unique because each and every one was built with whatever was on the shop floor that day - that's why we all report different things we see on ours.

5K oil changes, and all those many projects we talk about here, and as above, always let the RPM come down after starting before shifting, those are always 30 very long seconds....

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hunt for power you’ll never get, clearly you don’t know these cars well enough to understand that more power isn’t exactly within reach of the AJ133 unless you supercharge it and only one person has done that so far…

If you had any modifications done to your car you’d know that it all goes one way and that is slower.

And sure maybe the cayenne isn’t the best looking car in the world and you wouldn’t buy one, but could you even buy a 9YA cayenne s even if you wanted to…?

Don’t have to gas light peoples choices pal, especially when I was just trying to help you out, your better off looking for a street preformance oriented car than an off-road vehicle if you “need more power”.

Put the pipe down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72