About to Buy a LR4??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtharmon

Reaction score
So what are you guys paying? so HSE vs HSE Lux is memory seats and power seats, keyless entry and start, what else?

What should i assume for OFF MSRP on a HSE 54,250 MSRP
another option was a LOADEDOUT with every option availble, i mean everyone, 62,100 MSRP, it was part of the Biltmore off road driving school, has 4500 miles, they want 58,400, is that a good deal, would you stay away?? If i did buy wht shoudl i pay?

thanks

John

eastLR4

Reaction score
lux also has the softer nicer leather, HID/xenon for low beam headlights, and upgraded sound system.
also I was being offered $3,000 off MSRP off the bat without negotiating... I'm sure you can get maybe $3-4k off no problem. We're approaching the end of the model year in 2 months.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
So what are you guys paying? so HSE vs HSE Lux is memory seats and power seats, keyless entry and start, what else?

another option was a LOADEDOUT with every option availble, i mean everyone, 62,100 MSRP, it was part of the Biltmore off road driving school, has 4500 miles, they want 58,400, is that a good deal, would you stay away?? If i did buy wht shoudl i pay?

thanks

John

Everything's negotiable. You should expect $3K-4K off the new HSE. For the LUX with 4,500 miles on it, I'd start at $53,400. I wouldn't pay more than $54,000 for it, though.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LUX you're talking about is in the category of higher profit vehicles for the dealer, so don't expect some stupid $8k discount. I would say around $56,5-57k is your target price. Good for the dealership (profit), and good for the customer(paying a lot less than an identical one with no miles). Win/win

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
The LUX you're talking about is in the category of higher profit vehicles for the dealer, so don't expect some stupid $8k discount. I would say around $56,5-57k is your target price. Good for the dealership (profit), and good for the customer(paying a lot less than an identical one with no miles). Win/win

The dealer is going to eat a loss on this vehicle. It's been driven nearly 5,000 miles. That's a used car.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the contrary, if played right, the dealer will make $3-4K on the front end, and about the same on the back end. Used cars are the high gross makers, as no one (but the dealer) knows how much they " have in it" (due to incentives, factory-to-dealer allowances and a myriad of other things). New cars are low-profit makers, because invoices are widely available

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

thanks

John

Since the loaded lr4 was part of an off road school, it was probably driven hard and in off road conditions by people who don't own the car and don't care about the way they drive it. I would be cautious about this one!

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
On the contrary, if played right, the dealer will make $3-4K on the front end, and about the same on the back end. Used cars are the high gross makers, as no one (but the dealer) knows how much they " have in it" (due to incentives, factory-to-dealer allowances and a myriad of other things). New cars are low-profit makers, because invoices are widely available

Sounds like you are assuming the dealer bought this vehicle used and is trying to turn it around.

Tell me what you think the dealer paid for it?

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are assuming the dealer bought this vehicle used and is trying to turn it around.

Tell me what you think the dealer paid for it?

...a LR Driving school car =$ incentives from the factory to the dealer. Similar category as loaners, demos, program cars etc. The amount of incentives is known only to the Sales manager/GM etc.

It will be a high gross car sold only at a very good profit, no questions. And that is fine, IMO...capitalism

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

thanks

John
I am not sure if that is a good deal, especially considering the car has $5,000 miles and it was an Land Rover Driving School off-road LR4. These LR4s are driven very hard and can really take a beating every week. If you can get the LR4 for much less money (I mean a really GREAT deal), then it may be worthwhile. Otherwise, you might be better passing on this one.

Just to share a quick story. I know someone who bought a Range Rover Sport that was in the same situation, had a few thousand miles, but part of an off-road driving school. He got a great deal, but unfortunately, the car had some major problems because it had been really beat up.

I wish you the best of luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99