About to make the jump to LR4 from Toyota 4Runner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, I got a sweet deal for the Lux package even though I was looking for the HSE. The premium leather is worth it to me as the cheaper leather was stiffer and initially colder(test drove when it was 40 degrees) and took longer to warm up whether by just sitting there or using the butt warmers, in my opinion. Also, the mini-fridge is nice as I keep water or a gatorade in it all the time in case I forget to bring one to the gym. The zenon lights and LED accent lights are also nice. The memory seats are helpful since my wife has to drive my truck here or there or after getting the truck washed, the guys always adjust my seat driving it through the wash. Beyond that, the auto-highbeams are ok. I have them turned off as they are not as useful to me.

One option I wished I had is the HD package. Who doest give you a full size spare these days? Also, the locking rear diff would be nice since I've taken this badboy on the trail with my local landrover club, which I highly recommend you guys join if there is one by you. Those of you in north texas, check us out at texasrovers.org .

Last edited:

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, I got a sweet deal for the Lux package even though I was looking for the HSE. The premium leather is worth it to me as the cheaper leather was stiffer and initially colder(test drove when it was 40 degrees) and took longer to warm up whether by just sitting there or using the butt warmers, in my opinion. Also, the mini-fridge is nice as I keep water or a gatorade in it all the time in case I forget to bring one to the gym. The zenon lights and LED accent lights are also nice. The memory seats are helpful since my wife has to drive my truck here or there or after getting the truck washed, the guys always adjust my seat driving it through the wash. Beyond that, the auto-highbeams are ok. I have them turned off as they are not as useful to me.

One option I wished I had is the HD package. Who doest give you a full size spare these days? Also, the locking rear diff would be nice since I've taken this badboy on the trail with my local landrover club, which I highly recommend you guys join if there is one by you. Those of you in north texas, check us out at texasrovers.org.

Last edited:

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

One option I wished I had is the HD package. Who doest give you a full size spare these days? Also, the locking rear diff would be nice since I've taken this badboy on the trail with my local landrover club, which I highly recommend you guys join if there is one by you. Those of you in north texas, check us out at texasrovers.org.

Last edited:

lr4junk

Reaction score
LR4 Junk !!

Do yourself a favor and don't think that they have improved quality in the manufacture of the LR4. There is still MANY electrical issues with these vehicles! Trust me less than 2000 miles and in shop 32 days ! Still can not fix the car. STAY AWAY !

minazaki

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and don't think that they have improved quality in the manufacture of the LR4. There is still MANY electrical issues with these vehicles! Trust me less than 2000 miles and in shop 32 days ! Still can not fix the car. STAY AWAY !

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with the LR4. Your experience is pretty different than most of what I've heard, though. Would you mind going into specifics? What kind of problems are you having? Trying to get all the information I can before making a decision. Thanks.

lr4junk

Reaction score
Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with the LR4. Your experience is pretty different than most of what I've heard, though. Would you mind going into specifics? What kind of problems are you having? Trying to get all the information I can before making a decision. Thanks.

They do not stay aligned- plain & simple , even with highway driving.car pulls all over the road! techs can not fix it. Air suspension will raise by itself while driving -Scary! Tire pressure malfunction - there is no fix at this time. (Warning light just stays on , "they are working on a software fix" ) Dash is constantly lit up like a christmas tree. Got lawyer - lemon law! Dealer does not care to fix it !
i am not crazy as my friend has similar issues as well - brand new lr4 also . Just trying to help someone as I wish I was aware of this. My lawyer said (she specializes in lemon law)out of most car cases she takes land Rover is at the top of the list!

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about the car they had...so ill join in.

Gave up my Lexus LX570 for the LR4. LX570--just was too much money to enjoy it. The LX470 drove better anyways! I love driving my LR4 much more than the 570--much more character, much more fun, and the value is better.
Drove the Taureg from VW V8...I loved this car...it was awesome...but the front seat was just TOO uncomfortable. Same with the Audi Q7--loved it...but just could not get comfortable in that seat.
The new Infinity Q56 came out...WOW---looks awesome and im sure drives great...might have bought it instead of the LR4, but it came out several months later.
BMW---hahaha...3rd seat...seriously? Couldnt even drive in snow.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of these one and two posting members with these crazy issues sound so suspect. Like some rogue marking if you ask me. It's not uncommon in the marketing world to post phony forum issues to ruin competitive carmakers. Not saying you're not the real deal, but companies like BMW are known to do this sneaky, slander on forums because they're upset people are flocking from their brand. LR is doing great!!! Others are losing market share big time.

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about the car they had...so ill join in.

Gave up my Lexus LX570 for the LR4. LX570--just was too much money to enjoy it. The LX470 drove better anyways! I love driving my LR4 much more than the 570--much more character, much more fun, and the value is better.
Drove the Taureg from VW V8...I loved this car...it was awesome...but the front seat was just TOO uncomfortable. Same with the Audi Q7--loved it...but just could not get comfortable in that seat.
The new Infinity Q56 came out...WOW---looks awesome and im sure drives great...might have bought it instead of the LR4, but it came out several months later.
BMW---hahaha...3rd seat...seriously? Couldnt even drive in snow.

BMW 4x4s are a joke. Their for mall rats and made in America. Ever see the Top Gear segment where the BMM X5 gets stuck on a grassy incline, and in the back ground a Land Rover passes it by with ease?

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say the tires suck on this truck. We've had some snow and ice here in Dallas this week and I've never gotten stuck, which is attributed to the terrain response, but stopping even under 10mph slips quite a bit. I have zero grip on ice even in slower speeds. Obviously, it's ice but my 08 4runner 2wd did not ever exhibit this poor of a traction.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72