Accidents do happen, what now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elrocko

Reaction score
Diminished value

I have not read my policy of late, but I thought all the major insurance companies began covering this "loophole" a long time ago. That they no longer allow "depreciated value" due to a no-fault accident...Maybe it is just a state thing here in PA....

Each state is different when it comes to diminished value. For example, in Arizona, you can recover money for diminished value before you sell the truck. In some states you have to actually sell the truck and then you get paid the difference. in other states, there is no such thing as a diminished value claim.

I wouldn't call it a loophole. Think about it this way: You are looking at two identical vehicles, one was in a crash last year, the other has never been in a crash. What discount would you require in order to choose the crashed vehicle? That is diminished value.

Also, PA has a no-fault insurance scheme. In most states you have to recover from the idiot that rear-ended you, unless of course he has no insurance.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How I wish I could use the repair money toward a Kaymar bumper with swing away tire carrier.

Why do you say "wish". The damage looks cosmetic to me, enough anyway to leave it well alone after getting the repair estimate on paper. Wait a bit to figure out a tire carrier/bumper of your choice. It's just a matter of time as suppliers come and go.

However, I bet the repair won't be too much $ either. Do you have a number yet?

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bill is $3,575.
Bumper, paint, exhaust was all messed up on the left side.

Picking the car up early next week.
Holding the money and using it to pay for a Kaymar crossed my mind; the lack of extra time, Kaymar would also take two months to arrive, and need to get this problem sorted before heading out of town made me go the body shop route.

figuring out the diminished value tomorrow, I'll add that toward the Kaymar (current price shipped from AUS is over $3k with dual swing out.)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bill is $3,575.
Bumper, paint, exhaust was all messed up on the left side.

Picking the car up early next week.
Holding the money and using it to pay for a Kaymar crossed my mind; the lack of extra time, Kaymar would also take two months to arrive, and need to get this problem sorted before heading out of town made me go the body shop route.

figuring out the diminished value tomorrow, I'll add that toward the Kaymar (current price shipped from AUS is over $3k with dual swing out.)
Go check out the Kaymar bumper thread, as I heard back from Eric at Tactical 4x4 and they are now offering their LR3 rear bumper for the LR4.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635