Add 3rd Row Seating to LR4 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emily Stone

Reaction score
Hello, New to this club as of Saturday and I’m very excited!

My LR4 came from Canada. 2010. 100k. Not an HSE and has got a super old in dash system. There’s a lot I want to do but right now looking to see if anyone has put in the 3rd row seating?

Do I have to get 2010 model parts, or would the 2011 work too? Or any other year?

Do you have any tips? Thanks

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you have a LR4?. IIRC all LR4s were three row. Perhaps early build 2010? A picture or two would be good.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you have a LR4?. IIRC all LR4s were three row. Perhaps early build 2010? A picture or two would be good.

I just checked an Edmunds review and even in 2016 the base LR4 came standard with 5 seats. I can't imagine that they sold many of them but it stands to reason that the base model in earlier model years had that same seating capacity. Rare!

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure, depending where you are located, someone who wants to ditch the weight of the third row would be willing to meet up and swap parts with you. If I remember right, there are quite a few parts needed for the swap.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When ordering my car I do recall that HSE added the 3rd row. Naturally, HSE LUX had it as well. I just don't think people would custom-order their LR4 in the very base trim, and dealers (who order nearly all the LR4's) probably wouldn't either.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a two row LR4 up here in Canuckistan but I suppose they could exist. . There are some 5 seater LR3s running around . (SEs)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure, depending where you are located, someone who wants to ditch the weight of the third row would be willing to meet up and swap parts with you. If I remember right, there are quite a few parts needed for the swap.

How is the floor cavity handled when retrofitting those seats back there on a base model? Is it there under some type of removable rigid flooring?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the floor cavity handled when retrofitting those seats back there on a base model? Is it there under some type of removable rigid flooring?

Yes. I looked into the conversion once. There is a flat rigid floor that has underfloor storage, the side finishers are different to fit the required brackets to hold the rigid floor and remove the latching mechanism for the bottom cushions.

I loved having the seats removed, but missed the flat platform. I was motivated enough to reinstall the third row, but too lazy to build my own solution. I am also seriously considering the luggage partition. One side for gear and one side for the dog. Wouldn't be able to fit that part without a flat floor

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that the 5-seater also has the lower head rests. The ones that sink almost level to the top of the seat. Looked into those too to improve rearward visibility. I couldn't confirm if the "leg" spacing and diameter was the same.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put in the 3rd row seating?
Ouch! Sounds, (and looks) like a complicated and potentially very expensive undertaking. Not just the seats, but side panels, headliner...and then there's the little matter of 'compliant' seat belts! The stock are mechanically retractable and mounted to the roof posts under the vertical panels. And even though I have little use for mine, generally speaking, the third row really enhances the value of the vehicle. You might be able to find what you need out of 'salvage'? Depending on how important that third row is to you, much as I hate to say it, most LR4's available out there have them. Maybe reconsider before you get too far into this one??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635