Add 3rd Row Seating to LR4 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emily Stone

Reaction score
I just checked an Edmunds review and even in 2016 the base LR4 came standard with 5 seats. I can't imagine that they sold many of them but it stands to reason that the base model in earlier model years had that same seating capacity. Rare!

Thanks! Except, I wanted the 3rd row and the private seller mislead me on the listing, missing quite a few things but oh well. Something else odd is that the VIN, when entered in to the system says the car is an HSE, with a backup camera, navigation and 3rd row. All those things are wrong. SO WEIRD

Emily Stone

Reaction score
Ouch! Sounds, (and looks) like a complicated and potentially very expensive undertaking. Not just the seats, but side panels, headliner...and then there's the little matter of 'compliant' seat belts! The stock are mechanically retractable and mounted to the roof posts under the vertical panels. And even though I have little use for mine, generally speaking, the third row really enhances the value of the vehicle. You might be able to find what you need out of 'salvage'? Depending on how important that third row is to you, much as I hate to say it, most LR4's available out there have them. Maybe reconsider before you get too far into this one??

Thank you for the reply, yeah I got screwed over more than I wanted to admit. But here I am. 3rd row will be needed next year. So I have awhile to make my choices.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something else odd is that the VIN, when entered in to the system says the car is an HSE, with a backup camera, navigation and 3rd row. All those things are wrong. SO WEIRD

That is probably the fault of the online VIN decoder you may have used. Others have also commented that these are often inaccurate. The one offered by JLR through their TOPIX site is now behind a paywall I'm pretty sure. Good luck with the mod projects!

Emily Stone

Reaction score
That is probably the fault of the online VIN decoder you may have used. Others have also commented that these are often inaccurate. The one offered by JLR through their TOPIX site is now behind a paywall I'm pretty sure. Good luck with the mod projects!

oh yeah that must be what happened. I didn’t use a coder - it was the private seller. He used carguru.com if I remember! But yeah makes sense why I got duped. But oh well

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for doubting you. You must have bought the only 2 row Canadian LR4 in existence :). If you really want 3 rows then the best course is probably selling the two row and finding another. The two row will be desirable to someone who wants maximum storage for some sort of over lander build.

landylandy

Reaction score
It's not that hard to put a 3rd row into a base model! I too do have a 2 row only LR4 Base model 2012 that is, it has all the navigation and backup camera but no heated seats and no 3rd row.
Basically you have to remove your jack tool tray from under the trunk floor and get a tool set from a HSE and store it in the rear quarter compartment on the passenger side!
You will have to find a donor car with 3rd row and replace the 2nd row seats as well, that will bolt right up, so the side seats can tilt forward and you can access the 3rd row.
Naturally you will have to get the 3rd row seats with all the lock and latches, so basically the whole trunk floor including the seats.
It will however fit into you base model, all the cavities and spaces are there to accommodate the 3rd row build. Hope that helps after all. The challenge is finding the donor car I guess

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9