Adjusting light sensor sensitivity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a place in the IID Tool menu for this? The Xenons are on way too much for my taste.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, the sensitivity of the rain/light sensor (the sensor does double duty for the auto headlamps and the auto windshield wipers) cannot be adjusted. I never saw such an option in IIDTool, the only sensitivity level that can be adjusted is the one for the auto high beams if your car is so equipped, but that's a different sensor anyway. Best you can do is making sure the sensor area (it's sandwiched between the rear view mirror and the windshield) is clear of debris that may trigger it prematurely.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, it's linked. I know because I hate the fast rate which the rain sensing causes the wipers to move. It's ridiculous. so I disabled the feature and not that I ever use "auto" headlights, I did notice "auto" no longer results in any lights coming on.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a place in the IID Tool menu for this? The Xenons are on way too much for my taste.

So you only rely on the auto to switch them for you? .... You could just choose when to have your lights on ;)

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I love delving into this stuff, particularly when I paid for it. Both rain and light sensors are adjustable on my 2006 Touareg. Had to learn to count in hexadecimal to understand it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo