After market subs with stock deck 2000 disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoCoveII

Reaction score
does anyone know if this can be accomplised, or how it is done, ive heard of useing a low end converter but do i have to remove the factory amp or what? any help?
thanks.

audioclay

Reaction score
Aftermarket subs can be acheived by several means. The first and easiest would be tap the line in off the stock amp and put your own amp and crossover in. Not sure what a "low end converter" is, some sort of subharmonic sythesizer? to give the feel of more bass? You can also ad a resitive network to pad the speaker level signal and impedence back to line level and then ad the amp and subs. I would take it into a reputable car stereo installer and see what they think they can do, maybe get some ideas. Avoid the the 16 yr olds at Best Buy or Circuit City.

You might even just want to change out the stock components with a better quality brand. What system do you have in there now? The HK or the basic?

fire1427

Reaction score
the easiest way is to wire a LOW LEVEL convertor to the stock sub wires that converts the speaker level to RCA level output to run the amp ...

DiscoCoveII

Reaction score
i have a HK system in there right now, LOW LEVEL got it, everything sounds nice, but for the style of music i listen to i need a lil more low end then the stock HK subs.

thanks for the help.

'00Disco2

fire1427 is correct about the low level converter (LOC). Just find two of the sub wires that go into the back door and tap onto them. The power wire is easy to get through the firewall. There is a grommet up near the passenger kick panel and your remote (amp turn-on wire) can be connected to the 12V switch wire behind the radio. I put my amps under each front seat. If your gonna leave the factory amp just put the sub amp under the passenger front seat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM