Aftermarket Extended Roof Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geoffx19

Reaction score
I'm interested if anyone has experience with fitting aftermarket extended roof rails to the LR4.
I purchased a set and I'm having trouble with the rubber seals that should seal against the side of the roof channel and I'm looking for some help to solve the problem.

The OEM rails seal along each side of the bottom of the rails is an L shape whereas the aftermarket ones are straight down. This means that they don't seal against the sides like they should and there is a gap that will collect dirt and leaves. Other than that they are very similar.

I'm thinking of using silicon caulking but thought I'd reach out before I make a mess.

Any experience out there?

Geoff

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geoff, I recall someone else here buying aftermarket roof rails. They ended-up returning them because of the fit issue you noted and they thought the rails were cheaply made compared to the OEM roof rails. I'm not sure what the cost difference was between OEM & aftermarket rails, but keep in mind these rails help secure thousands of dollars of ski equipment, bikes, etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635