Aftermarket Warranty $$$$$$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh boy....be afraid gentlemen and ladies. I presently have 32K on my 2010 LR4. Obviously i have to start being pro-active with costly repairs as my warranty goes out at 50k. I did some research on a few companies that actually offer warranties. I was just quoted a 5yr, 75k plan for $10,972!!! Well at least they said they could put me on a payment plan of $1,828.67 per month for 6 months. Gee...thanks!

My oh my....that is really scary to think about. I take acute care of my beast as it is. I take it in for service as mandated, i never ignore any warning lights however let's face it..the history shows that we electronically may be heading into some deep waters in the future. I have seen posts of people concerned about the engine but i think that is the least of our problems.

If anyone know of a better aftermarket warranty deal please share if not....

I will pray for us. :)

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just putting money aside in your own little Rover accountant and between now and when your warranty expires, get every squeak, rattle leak, bushing and diff noise taken care of.

ChadF

Reaction score
i thought i read here that an additional 2yr and 50k (read 6yr, 100k total) from the dealer is between 2 and 3k.

also, to be clear, is the 5yr, 75k in addition to the 4yr, 50k...so 9yr, 125k total?

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) from GEICO. $66.00/month, $250.00 deductible. It is renewable for up to 7 years/100,000mi and is basically the same as an extended warranty. However, the coverage should be purchased when the vehicle is relatively new, less than 15 months or 10,000 miles, I think.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh boy....be afraid gentlemen and ladies. I presently have 32K on my 2010 LR4. Obviously i have to start being pro-active with costly repairs as my warranty goes out at 50k. I did some research on a few companies that actually offer warranties. I was just quoted a 5yr, 75k plan for $10,972!!! Well at least they said they could put me on a payment plan of $1,828.67 per month for 6 months. Gee...thanks!

My oh my....that is really scary to think about. I take acute care of my beast as it is. I take it in for service as mandated, i never ignore any warning lights however let's face it..the history shows that we electronically may be heading into some deep waters in the future. I have seen posts of people concerned about the engine but i think that is the least of our problems.

If anyone know of a better aftermarket warranty deal please share if not....

I will pray for us. :)

Head over to the lr3 board as they have a sticky on this topic. They use ford ESP. My local LR shop quoted me 4 year 100000 for around $3800.

Do a search on this forum too as I believe this topic came up before, I believe.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought i read here that an additional 2yr and 50k (read 6yr, 100k total) from the dealer is between 2 and 3k.

also, to be clear, is the 5yr, 75k in addition to the 4yr, 50k...so 9yr, 125k total?
No sir...it runs current along with the warranty already in existence. He told me if i waited the cost would go up. He said the deadline to get the contract is 2 months or 2,000 miles left on the factory warranty. The place i got the quote was www.easycare.com

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) from GEICO. $66.00/month, $250.00 deductible. It is renewable for up to 7 years/100,000mi and is basically the same as an extended warranty. However, the coverage should be purchased when the vehicle is relatively new, less than 15 months or 10,000 miles, I think.
Very true. You have to get the policy before 15K miles and less than 15 months old. They get you to committ early and then you can keep it for up to 100K. I wish i knew about this. Highly recommend this route for all new buyers.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Head over to the lr3 board as they have a sticky on this topic. They use ford ESP. My local LR shop quoted me 4 year 100000 for around $3800.

Do a search on this forum too as I believe this topic came up before, I believe.
INCREDIBLE! Thank you very much!! The price they are offering is almost non-believable but i just spoke to a rep and it seems legit. They are willing to give me a 7yr warranty (concurrent with my present one) up to 100K warranty for only $3275.00 and they will even break it down to 17 payments. This is the Premium Care plan. God how i love this forum! This takes a MAJOR weight off my brain. This is a no-brainer.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
INCREDIBLE! Thank you very much!! The price they are offering is almost non-believable but i just spoke to a rep and it seems legit. They are willing to give me a 7yr warranty (concurrent with my present one) up to 100K warranty for only $3275.00 and they will even break it down to 17 payments. This is the Premium Care plan. God how i love this forum! This takes a MAJOR weight off my brain. This is a no-brainer.

You're welcome! Did you call that Ford dealership they all referenced?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink