Air Bag (suspension) Rubber cover/sleeve.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's part of the original item. it's more or less a protective outer gasket.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I've never really looked close enough to see it.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you wouldn't know just by looking at one not torn. I never knew even looking closely while installing the compressor or cleaning.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
part numbers for air bladder-- pending

LR016412 front suspension, shocks & components, seal kit Left (all 4 are the same)

You will also need some other seal kits, and also a special tool most shops would have to put the band on, perhaps the bands as well. See if this helps.. My experience has been to buy new struts. I have some struts off my truck, which I think the bladder is OK still if you are on a tight budget.

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm confused, I thought you were going to post a source or something ? ;)

Coincidentally just today I got the parts numbers at the dealer. I think they said $90 each! It's the upper gasket, the lower, and the clamp ring. I wonder if a basic large hose clamp would work fine.

Ideally I'll put in "genuine" if I can find the same kit for much less than the dealer price. I'll try digging a bit with those parts numbers.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, those are the wrong part numbers... what p/n did they provide you.. 90 is a pretty good price.

avillalon9

Reaction score
Similar Problem

Hi guys. I'm experiencing a similar problem. The boot is stuck under the metal and torn out.

My LR3 suspension is not working. I get the fault light. After leaving it parked for a couple of days, it goes completeley down, almost touching the tires. Then I turn it on and use it for a while and it stays like that, suddenly it starts going up and may work for a day or two like that. Then it just suddenly goes down again when it wants. You hear some air is going away actually.

I want to know if by replacing only the boot kit (5B752A/RPM500200) this will not happen anymore, or if I have to buy the spring(5560/LR016411) which costs a lot of money.

Can somebody give me their opinion from their experience, if they were experimenting the same thing when they had their boot torn apart? I just replace that part??

Thanks guys!!

2006 LR3 HSE V8

Trynian

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm experiencing a similar problem. The boot is stuck under the metal and torn out.

My LR3 suspension is not working. I get the fault light. After leaving it parked for a couple of days, it goes completeley down, almost touching the tires. Then I turn it on and use it for a while and it stays like that, suddenly it starts going up and may work for a day or two like that. Then it just suddenly goes down again when it wants. You hear some air is going away actually.

I want to know if by replacing only the boot kit (5B752A/RPM500200) this will not happen anymore, or if I have to buy the spring(5560/LR016411) which costs a lot of money.

Can somebody give me their opinion from their experience, if they were experimenting the same thing when they had their boot torn apart? I just replace that part??

Thanks guys!!

2006 LR3 HSE V8

your issue is not the gator boot. It just keeps dirt or mud out of the shock. your issue sounds more like actual shock, valve block or computer issues. I would go with a re-flash of the suspension computer module first (worked for me) then look at valve block and sensor issues.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No, the boot has nothing to do with any EAS problem.

Yes, you can replace just the boot. Note that the front struts do not have one at all... Also note that the rear half shafts (drive axle from the differential to the wheel hub) rub against the boot when the boot is flexed into the rubbing position. With a year a new boot will get thinner and worn and finally tear apart at that small spot. Within a year or two from then, the whole thing can finally come apart.

I am not sure exactly what height is required to cause the contact between the bot and the spinning axle but I expect it is during access mode or when lowered.

Now, most people cannot drive at speed while lowered but if you have an aftermarket tool to allow driving while lowered, then you could cause this to happen more quickly, as mine may have. This is a hunch, not proven.

Anyway, unless you go off into lots of mud and stuff, it probably not all that important to replace the boot.

If you need a new strut, it will come with a new one anyway.

Check out Arnott for an alternate source of air struts that may have some parts that are better than the genuine or oem versions available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72