Air suspension faults when cold out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fireangel1313

Reaction score
I’m experienced the same problem. I took the valve block to the air tank out and disassembled it. Found the solenoid in it to be stuck. Actually the second time I’ve had to do this. I even installed a new desiccant kit last summer so I don’t think it’s a moisture problem with my system, maybe just a sticking valve. Anyway, it’s working now but I’m assuming it might stick again. I’ll probably order a new one soon.
The cold weather has been playing havoc with some other things too. Got a P0483 code this morning along with a P0018 code. I cleared both and haven’t had any issues since so we will see. Hope my timing chain isn’t about to go. Good luck!

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m experienced the same problem. I took the valve block to the air tank out and disassembled it. Found the solenoid in it to be stuck. Actually the second time I’ve had to do this. I even installed a new desiccant kit last summer so I don’t think it’s a moisture problem with my system, maybe just a sticking valve. Anyway, it’s working now but I’m assuming it might stick again. I’ll probably order a new one soon.
The cold weather has been playing havoc with some other things too. Got a P0483 code this morning along with a P0018 code. I cleared both and haven’t had any issues since so we will see. Hope my timing chain isn’t about to go. Good luck!
A stuck valve makes sense! Happened again this morning and once again went away again in the afternoon once it warmed up.

A little bit of back story - I've gotten in the habit of lowering the truck every night as I've been parking it outside in front of the garage to give me some sense of security preventing catalytic thefts, so lately I've been having issues raising the truck after it being on accessibility mode overnight when the temperatures have dipped. I'm going to try it tomorrow morning keeping it at normal height overnight to see if there are any changes but I suspect I may also have to replace the valve to ultimately fix this issue.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the solenoid in it to be stuck
How can you tell it's stuck? I realize it's a weird question but isn't it the smaller part inside the valve that actually get's actuated by the solenoid, so the cylinder that has the spring on it, this part:

1673116422226.png

I think this gets pulled back when the solenoid is actuated and air passes through the black parts center hole (shown above to the left of the image) and then passes through the 6 holes on the periphery?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV