Alternator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The info I saved indicated the original spare part number for the alternator was LR023421/LR023421G, superceded to LR065246. This appears to be available as a brand-new Denso for ~$300 or so from various aftermarket vendors (RMEuropean, AutohausAZ, FCPEuro). FSM procedure for R&R seemed straightforward. Maybe I should pick one up to keep on the shelf since I've got 120k+ and AFAIK the alternator is original...

o_O

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built a small sheet metal cover for my alternator, just for this reason. It was an ez fix. But, I also don’t let oil leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's the best reply yet a shield protecting the alternator but far enough away for proper cooling. I made heat shields protecting the motor mounts from being cooked all the time, problem solved.
I would be looking into a spare alternator like from a Pick-n-Pull off a lower mileage wrecked LR knowing what put it out of commission. Have it tested, possibly replacing bearings and brushes good to go a cheap spare alternator I bet costing $100 or less even fully rebuilt.

President's day 1/2 off a perfect time to pick up a spare alternator, have two backups in the shop for my LR including a starter, distributor with triggering system and amp.....~~=o&o>....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM