am I getting a good deal on an LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deals seem to vary by region or city but in WI (Madison area) here's ......

What I was able to set up back at the end of July of last year. We picked up a 2010 HSE Lux (Black / Black) with the Entertainment Option which listed for about $61K at the time. It was just put into service by the dealership as a service loaner on July 9th. It had 700 miles on it when we took it home for the weekend, and it had 900 miles on it when we picked it up a week later after making the deal. We leased it, and the numbers the dealer used were:

$61K MSRP (close to that, may have been a few $$ more, can't remember)
$4800 off (negotiated)
36 month lease
15K miles per year (45K miles total allowed with lease)
$5K total cash out of pocket at delivery
$772.00 monthly payments including sales tax

Seems like I put roughly $4k more down then you are looking to do, but the buy down allows for about $30.00 off the payment for every $1k down. Therefore, if I did the same deal then and only put down the $1k like you did, my payment would have been roughly $900.00 with tax and the extra miles (3K more per year then you were quoted), along with the fact that my vehicle had an MSRP of $6K more then the deal you are looking at.

Long story short, your deal seems okay, but I'll bet you can do a little better if you negotiate a bit more. I'm basing this off the fact that the LR4 has now been out a little longer and with the gas prices they way they are, I'd assume you might find a great deal now. Just my thoughts, I could be wrong!

Good luck to you sir!

Joe

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would avoid the "gas=prices" argument trying to negotiate a reasonable deal on a $60,000 truck, or risk being blown/laughed off and out of the dealership. Probably, comes down to "if you can't afford gas, you shouldn't be buying it" line of thinking.
Besides, it gets 17.5m/gallon, if one drives it reasonably .

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to you on the 17.5 MPG! When we baby the truck, we can get between 17 and 18 MPG (and I mean baby), and have even achieved near 20 MPG on a long trip to Northern WI last summer, but on avg. we get 14 MPG and that's about what anyone who mixes in Highway and in-town driving is going to get. If you can beat that, you really are not taking advantage of the sweet sounding V8 and most likely have no desire to utilize the 375 horses!

Seriously, I didn't say "GO TO THE DEALER AND INSIST ON A BETTER DEAL BECAUSE OF THE HIGH GAS PRICES!" Really, did I actually say that? No, what I said is, you should be able to negotiate a better price as the current price of gas "is" ridiculous, and that the LR4 is no longer the "new kid on the block", being it's wrapping up it's 2nd full year in production. I also prefaced that by saying that deals are different in the various markets in the US. I then wished the guy "good luck" and hope he's happy! Next time, I'll try refrain from saying anything you possibly "might not agree with!"

Cheers,

Joe

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ever get "laughed"out of a dealership go to another one. Someone else will deal with you. No one should ever take bad treatment in a car dealership. I don't care what brand it is.

jsanch21

Reaction score
What about this deal? Best one I've found so far:

BTW, I live in CA! 10% tax...ouch:(

36 month lease
$1526.64 total drive-off
$799.50 a month including tax
42 month lease
$1485.78 total drive-off
$758.64 a month including tax
This is for HSE with a $53000 sticker price.* Remember, we're offering six free oil & filter changes.* You won't have to pay for a single oil change during the lease.* A synthetic oil change on a V8 costs $200

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

36 month lease
$1526.64 total drive-off
42 month lease
$1485.78 total drive-off
This is for HSE with a $53000 sticker price.* Remember, we're offering six free oil & filter changes.* You won't have to pay for a single oil change during the lease.* A synthetic oil change on a V8 costs $200

Both of these are good deals, spot on actually. See if you can get a few grand off sticker, then seal the deal. The free oil changes is sweet too!

jsanch21

Reaction score
What would be a great lease deal on a BASE MSRP $50,150 LR4? Payments, etc..same terms as above? 42mo, 10k per year? Thanks!

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BTW, I live in CA! 10% tax...ouch:(

36 month lease
$1526.64 total drive-off
42 month lease
$1485.78 total drive-off
What's the residual and money factor on the lease? LR Finance (Chase) sets the residual, but the dealer can pad the money factor for extra profit. 53,000 is sticker, but what capitalized cost did you negotiate? The deal sounds good, but you need to crunch the lease numbers to know whether you can do better. Roadfly has a good forum where you can get the base lease terms, before any dealer markup.

Last edited:

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would be a great lease deal on a BASE MSRP $50,150 LR4? Payments, etc..same terms as above? 42mo, 10k per year? Thanks!

You're really asking two questions: what can I get off MSRP?...what are good lease terms? I suspect you can negotiate a few thousand, or more (depending on location) below MSRP. However, LR leases are not attractive due to the low residuals. I got 0.9% financing, which was way less expensive than the lease on a 2010. I can run some numbers in my spreadsheet when I have more time tomorrow.

jsanch21

Reaction score
Just Bought One!

2011 Blk/Blk LR4 HSE w/ cold weather pack + Logic 7 sound
3,500 miles
$48,900!

Thanks for your help fellas! I will be financing thru Penfed. 2.49% up to 60mo sounds AWESOME to me. Hope I can do better than that in my investment accounts:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99