Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this photo this morning - I hope they keep the Stop and Go pedals. The shifter position up on the dash works for me, but it does seem a bit close to the touch-screen for someone with big hands or wearing thick gloves. I can see it getting bumped a lot and having the screen activate something by accident...Otherise, I like the simplicity.

I imagine the upscale version will have different steering wheel controls with more features added. That dash storage bin would hold a lot of stuff...

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That has to be a mocked up press photo. If this is where they're going with things HMB while I run for a Jeep Wrangler instead.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would you rather it be?
I don't know but not the picture. I don't need/want a dash that says "DEFENDER" on it. The pedals don't need "STOP" and "GO" nor do they need to be polished aluminum. I'm far more skeptical than ever given that non of the buttons have indicators on them and it just looks far too much "concept" than reality.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know but not the picture. I don't need/want a dash that says "DEFENDER" on it. The pedals don't need "STOP" and "GO" nor do they need to be polished aluminum. I'm far more skeptical than ever given that non of the buttons have indicators on them and it just looks far too much "concept" than reality.

The name "Defender" will almost assuredly be on the steering wheel. That's the way the entire Land Rover line has gone, and I'm sure the new Defender will be no exception.

The pedals are kinda weird. I think some modeller got a little too carried away there. I'd be shocked if those made it to production.

The lack of indicators on the buttons does point to concept, but it could also be that, to cut down on dash clutter, the buttons' function will change depending on what mode the vehicle interface is in, in which case the indicator will electronically change depending on that mode. For example, one knob both adjusts the temperature and changes the terrain program. That's just a shot in the dark, though.

RoverAllOver

Reaction score
I agree it probably won't be exactly like the photo but I like the idea. Kinda reminds me of the early defender dash, utilitarian.

jmars

Reaction score
Stop, Go.....hahahahaha

Land Rover sucks so hard these days...what a joke

Utilitarian? Where?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the Defender will only get a 4 cylinder engine. Hopefully it's an all new engine since the current LR 4 cylinder engines I've experienced in loaner vehicles are pathetic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut