Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and this is why I just bought another LR3!

Sadly, this or an LR4.

Think about it. We are on a forum chock full of LR junkies and they aren't effectively selling it to us.

They went a step or two too far towards the soccer mom crowd, and it might just **** the company for their trouble.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.....simplicity speaks to many.

This new Defender will not be simple. Was at the dealer last week and the sales “guide” was telling me this will be LR’s first vehicle that can receive over-the-air updates. If this is true, what’s the point? Tesla does it to add features from new software...but I can’t see anything useful coming from a company that hasn’t mastered a halfway decent infotainment system.

Incontrol apps, anyone???

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t get over how toyishly stub the rear end looks from the rear wheels to the back bumper. This entire brand is failing.

Well, that's one of the few good things about this design: great departure angle.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear profile looks like this.
ery-Exterior-Trailhawk-Orange-Beach.jpg.image.1440.jpg

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for one am excited about the tech in this new defender. I know everyone wants to look all "cool" and "utilitarian", that group that wants to look like james bond walking away from a military vehicle while explosions go off behind you..."THIS IS THE BRAND!!!!!" --- I'm happy for you guys. Really, I am, you guys are beasts. But for me...personally...I want the most capable AND comfortable daily driver out there. Why? Because per my boss (wife) ...I can only have one vehicle (ugh) --- As far as how it looks... meh...kind of matters, but not as much as what I stated prior. Next vehicle will be a G class or the new defender. And I don't care if I dent or scratch it...that's what they are made for. BUT...it better ride good and it better not leave me stranded on a trail. As far as that pic of the jeep above...yeah...ok...have you been in one? Plastic fantastic. Needs to be the full package. But hey...that's just my opinion, not for everyone.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this Defender rolls out and is capable I wouldn't be shocked if they build a new line with 7 seats on that platform and **** the D5

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear profile looks like this.
ery-Exterior-Trailhawk-Orange-Beach.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Well, no one for sure knows what the rear profile looks like considering it's been under wraps.

But, nonetheless, the rear profile is one of the few design elements I can see that are legitimately off-road worthy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72