Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like an even boxier LR3/4. Short wheel base and ability to take the top off and we may be in business!!!

We maybe, maybe back in business. I personally am still very much interested in that dual personality that allows us that smooth and well planted highway ride quality.

I want the journey to be as much fun as the destination itself. And the only thing that currently fits the bill is either 3 or 4.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is correct....the Defender was always a pure off-roader though and I think they should stick to that. It's not supposed to be a Discovery.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more "official" (seemingly LR sanctioned) looking spy shots of the 2-door. As some have suggested, I am wondering if the hood and roof do actually have full covers that are hiding a more rounded shape. There does appear to be seams at the roof and hood....Or, perhaps they are gathering feedback on the responses to the mule's boxy shape with a plan B (underneath) if it were not good?

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/12/s...nd-rover-defender-90-comes-play/#lg=1&slide=0

19d2de54-2020-land-rover-defender-90-spy-shots-8.jpg

Last edited:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's got a very high beltline but it looks like they preserved Command Seating. Vent just forward of the door is a Range Rover design cue. You could almost see this as a mini pickup if that rear third were removed. They're really teasing this thing out. If this is a big hose job, people will never forgive them.

BBLR3

Reaction score
follow the front fender up along the door seam to the A pillar. You can see that the fender rounds up underneath the 'square' hood. The moulding right underneath the front drivers window is an add on to keep the boxy line going from front to rear. I'm betting a much more rounded shape thats all covered right now.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it sure would be ironic if the disguise turns out to be more popular than the real thing....

They did indicate they were trying wait until the last moment for a reveal in an effort to prevent copycat units being made quickly, especially in China.

Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The disguise they had 6 months ago or so looked a lot like a Range Rover Sport.

The disguise they have now looks a lot like an LR4.

Hopefully, the actual design isn't, "We kept our now-standard design in the oven a little longer, with a little more yeast added."

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jaguar sales were in tough this year and Land Rover sales were softer. Tata has said they have plans to address but likely cuts are coming. Hopefully the Defender is not stillborn.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somehow, a vehicle-inspired jewelry designer got his hands on a shot of a prototype interior of the new Defender.

https://twitter.com/rcdesignsuk/sta...05403/2020-land-rover-defender-interior-leak/

DzV2yNaW0AEOlHQ.jpg:large

Almost immediately, the Land Rover Communications and PR Director threatens legal action, thereby confirming the photo is the real deal.

Could all be a setup, though.

Regardless, I like what I see. More rough and tumble like a Defender should be, and not some bougie ******** that I feared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72