Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- do we really need a photo of the vehicle we are in on the dash screen?? It's just as bad as having a Jeep Wrangler with giant a JEEP sticker slung across the rear window. Gee thanks, I had no idea what the vehicle was...

Ha, I get you but I don't mind the pointless and grainy profile shot of my LR4 in the cluster display.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that red and yellow knob doesn't make a clown-nose sound when you push it, I'm going to be disappointed.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who would have thought that vanity would **** the surprise - do we really need a photo of the vehicle we are in on the dash screen?? It's just as bad as having a Jeep Wrangler with giant a JEEP sticker slung across the rear window. Gee thanks, I had no idea what the vehicle was...

Stupid stuff like that impresses the Doug DeMuros of the world.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid stuff like that impresses the Doug DeMuros of the world.

Ha, I can totally seem him pointing that out in great detail - "and when you turn the key, the wheels on the image start to spin! The only vehicle in North America with this feature, and that is why the New Defender is worth $90,000!"

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, I get you but I don't mind the pointless and grainy profile shot of my LR4 in the cluster display.

Blame Tesla for really making that feature of seeing a pic of the car you are driving such a ‘hot item’.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AAAND, the inside...

2020-land-rover-defender-spy-photos.jpg

More photos here:
https://www.motor1.com/news/356302/2020-land-rover-defender-spied/

Off the cuff this angle could be deceiving, but it seems the gear shifter would hinder reaching that far right bottom corner "settings" icon on the touch-screen....

Looks like a different tire as well - Pirelli Scorpion Zero in the same elusive (aka non-existent) size of 255-60-20.

what's going on with that reflection of pine tree and power lines? Confusing .

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to put money on that not being the final dash design? That may be custom just to accommodate the laptop / road testing electronics

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to put money on that not being the final dash design? That may be custom just to accommodate the laptop / road testing electronics

Possibly but that would have been a frivolous waste of scarce money. Why would they fabricate a dash design with these aesthetics just for data gathering application during testing? They could just have a bus or OBD-II port and attach the computers to that. My hunch is that this is the final design or very close to it.

I have no idea what the clown-nose knob is for (LOL @ryanjl). Ejector seat/oil slick/smokescreen option?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM