Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
If you look close enough at the gear knob, it's more like a joy stick almost. It even curves like one

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first glance this morning I thought the white blob was the window sticker, LOL.

The FJ Cruiser had that big rear pillar. To me it was a big reason why I never liked the way it looked, and I loved (and owned 2 of) the FJ-40.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know what the clown-nose knob is either but all of the LR test mules have them (it was in the D5 ones as well). It must be something to do with the data collection of something.

The yellow/red knob is an emergency **** switch. You can see one in any and all test vehicle (whatever the brand is).

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There must be a good reason (safety/security/other?) that a test vehicle at this advanced stage of testing would need an emergency **** switch mounted that prominently. Does anyone know more about this to satisfy my curiosity? I am searching for info but not finding much so far.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's a DOT requirement because the vehicle hasn't been fully cleared yet or something.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There must be a good reason (safety/security/other?) that a test vehicle at this advanced stage of testing would need an emergency **** switch mounted that prominently. Does anyone know more about this to satisfy my curiosity? I am searching for info but not finding much so far.

Indeed. Now with almost every physical control parameter, specially the steering, being managed by electronics, anything, a little module, a sensor, or a capacitor, could decide to send that zero or one in a different direction than what was originally intended by the driver :), specially in a test vehicle, and specially in an LR test vehicle :).

Last edited:

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the AZ-5 button.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi