Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmars

Reaction score
One of my favorite comments;

“Lincoln will make a luxury version of the bronco and take the remaining Land Rover fans”

Sounds about right. Bronco will be a breath of fresh air regardless of anyones defender opinions. LR blew it in not having a soft top.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite comments;

“Lincoln will make a luxury version of the bronco and take the remaining Land Rover fans”

Sounds about right. Bronco will be a breath of fresh air regardless of anyones defender opinions. LR blew it in not having a soft top.

Agreed. One of the primary attractions of Jeep is the ability for the owner to customize their vehicle / build it their way with many options both factory and aftermarket. From hard tops to soft tops to fill-in-the-blank. LR missed that boat.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still not sold on it as an LR4 replacement. Looks "cute & capable" but is it big enough to haul my family, luggage and ski gear? Looks smaller than the published dimensions. Really need to see one in person.

More questions...Is it really worth the $80K and how many early adopter quality problems will I have to deal with? Or do I replace the LR4 with a loaded Kia Telluride SX for $47K?

And the 500 HP Audi SQ7 is coming soon...that will get us to the mountains quickly. But at that price the SCV8 RRS is in play too.

Last edited:

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how they had a spotter for what looked like a feature as extreme as a parking lot exit. I guess that is "off road"in Palm Springs. I agree about questioning whether this can replace an LR3/4. It looks much smaller inside.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how they had a spotter for what looked like a feature as extreme as a parking lot exit. I guess that is "off road"in Palm Springs. I agree about questioning whether this can replace an LR3/4. It looks much smaller inside.

LOL. We have potholes around here that are bigger than the sand indentations on that course. Wish I had a pothole spotter that could save me from ruining a tire or needing an alignment from pothole damage.

A spotter was really helpful at this LR event I attended:

View media item 476

Last edited:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sat in a couple of those (front and back) at the LA auto show. Took my time (yes, I’m that guy) and my take on it is that it is smaller than the LR4.

Front is fine but rear seat (2nd row) seemed much more cramped than the LR4, although more comfortable than the Discovery rear seats.

Trunk opening is ridiculous. I used to be able to get in the LR4 and feel like it was really roomy. The actual defender door is “big” but the interior cut is much smaller.

I’m currently driving a new Jeep Rubicon and the Defender made me want to keep the Jeep rather than go back to LR.
I’ve put money down on a Rivian in the early days so that might be what’s next for us. We’ll see.

Another thing about the interior of the Defender, it is very rugged not at all like a LR4 which feels like a RR. The Defender feels like a Jeep with a few more options...

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which is not necessarily a bad thing. I prefer the LR3 over the 4 interior so perhaps the Defender will fit the bill. Kids are mostly gome anyhow with the daughter being the primary of the LR4 at this point. Hopefully the Defender will have good road manners if I hang an enduro bike on a carrier off the back (350 lbs with carrier)?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA