Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove a diesel D5 and didn't like it how it drove at all. (Meaning I didn't like the engine) It seemed lethargic at all speeds. And the mpg difference didn't justify the higher cost for the D5 diesel.

I remember test driving a diesel Q7 and the instant torque from a dead stop was fantastic. I had a diesel A3 loaner that had so much torque it could spin all 4 tires from a dead stop. LR should just buy diesel engines from the Audi plant in Slovakia.

The diesels in the D5 and the FFRR are different than the ones that are available in the new Defender.

After speaking with the service advisor at my local dealership, if I buy a FFRR, it's going to be the diesel.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the D5 was the TD6 Ford sourced diesel while the new Defender gets the 3.0L straight six JLR ingenium diesel. The issues I have read about are with the 2.0L Ingenium diesel in the Discovery Sport but not sure the 3.0L would not be susceptible to the same issue/s. The diesel Ingenium engine line sure didn't get off to the right start.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe doing some early testing for the 130 too, I would think the upper end of that one would have a V8 option for sure. Put that in the 90 and I bet some people would pay top dollar for it!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA