Any Aftermarket LED rings out there...like on the BMWs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

holygrail

Reaction score
I have a 335i and swapped out the light bulb to a White bright LED to match the Xenons. I was wondering if they had any aftermarket LED rings or brighter LEDs like on the AUDIs. I think the LR4 LEDs look weak. I expected them to be like the ones on the AUDIs. I've only seen pictures since I'm not expecting delivery of my 2011 vehicle until January. I can't believe it's going to take them 3 months to build and another 10 wks to ship over here. Well production of the new 2011 start end of July this month.

If anyone knows of aftermarket LEDs specifically made for the LR4, please share info. Thanks.

V/r,
Chris.

weingarm

Reaction score
Is this not bright enough for you?

Last edited:

weingarm

Reaction score
How about this? Looks pretty good to me.

Last edited:

holygrail

Reaction score
Nice~

How about this? Looks pretty good to me.

Weingram,

Thanks buddy. I've seen the top picture, but felt it was bright like that for advertisement purposes. But I've never seen the bottom pics. They look more realistic, plus it's in daytime. If you can see the LEDs during day (like in the Audi), then they're bright enough...otherwise it'll be a waste of option.

V/r,
Chris

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see it but the brightness is not in a same league as Audi ones. In Audi, LEDs are high brightness type and each one is located in the reflector. On LR4, it's just a tiny regular LEDs without any reflector.

On Audis, sometimes you can't even stare at it because it's too bright but that won't happen on LR4. I think the intention of LEDs on LR is to give a signature look to the front face rather then act as a true day time running light as in Audi's case.

weingarm

Reaction score
I took those last 3 photos (the daytime ones) from screen captures of a video on Youtube. So if anything, they should be more realistic than even staged promotional photos. My wife has an Audi A4 with the LEDs and tjp74 is right - they are tough to look at straight-on because of their brightness. But even though the LR4's LEDs aren't as bright, they do provide a signature look which is still striking.

I've attached more pics from videos to make you feel better.

Last edited:

holygrail

Reaction score
Nice

And here's a few more...

Weingarm,

They look decent, but aren't the LEDs supposed to be the day-time running lights? If yes, then I do think they should be a bit brighter. I also think rather than having LEDs with 1" spacing in between, if it was a evenly lid up light strip, that would've been cool, too.

It's just a matter of time before some LED aftermarket company will come out with an upgrade, i.e. headlight assembly with LED reflectors.

V/r,
Chris

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 / Discovery 4 LED signature rings aren't intended to be daytime running lights, rather the new face of the vehicle.

weingarm

Reaction score
Hey holygrail,

I noted in your signature that you currently own a 2008 335i. I too currently lease a 2008 335xi coupe but my needs have grown (family) and am looking into an LR4 when my lease expires (May 2011).

When do you think I need to place a custom order by in order to have the LR4 arrive in early May 2011?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4